Charity Auction for Selma Blair's Venetia

1. Seventeen magazine is auctioning celebrity-owned handbags for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. One of them is a black Venetia from Selma Blair. It's already up to $860!:shocked: It's comes with a note where Selma calls it her "favorite" bag.:smile: Other bags/celebs include a Prada from Reese Witherspoon and and a Kooba from Hillary Duff. Check it out!

eBay: Selma Blair's Marc Jacobs Bag-Seventeen Charity Auction (item 190029276981 end time Sep-23-06 21:00:00 PDT)

2. It is going to be really interesting to see what these auctions end at. There are still six days left before they end. I saw the red Karolina is over $1000 already. Great cause and I hope that they raise lots of money with the MJ bags on auction!

3. I think it was a great idea! I hope they make a killing and raise plenty of money for their cause.

4. Oh wow...I hadn't even noticed the Karolina. Cool! I've been watching some of the auctions too - I hope they make a lot of money!!:yes:

5. Great bags for a great cause! I hope they do really well...what a great idea!

6. I think the Venetia Selma is auctioning is actually one of the very first Venetia bags produced. It was one of the first bags made with the silver padlocks, and I remember that yellow lining. Does the auction say if its suede or canvas? If it is an "original" than the price might go pretty high, especially since it comes with a note from the celebrity owner

7. Something strange happened with the red MJ bag from Jamie Spears. I could have sworn that the bidding was up to $1350 or something and now it is back down to $750??

Yes, I agree that Selma's bag will go for a lot. Have you guys looked at some of the other auctions. Wow! They are going to raise a TON! So great!

8. Wow! Hillary Duff's Kooba is up to $3,300. Reese Witherspoon's Prada is now at $7,600 - the highest of all.

9. I had my eye on SJP's bag - not at those prices tho :sad:

10. wow. these bags are going for alot of $$$$. I'm thinking about bidding on the Venetia but it's already up to $960 with 5 days to go. I hope they raise a ton of $$$

11. I noticed that too! I think it's the canvas exterior, and trimmed with leather and suede interior. Those are rare! I saw a red one on eBay a while back but not another since.

12. Speaking of Selma Blair, what does "Love, Light, and Abundance" mean??? Interesting...

13. I saw that, too! When I last saw the bidding, it was up around $2K. I remember that because I didn't know who Jamie Spears was, and why her handbag would be such a hot item.

14. Is she Britney's sister?

15. I have the red one, it's got a suede lining and the exterior is like a woven coated straw with the antiqued brass hardware. The exterior is trimmed in leather.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice