Mickael Kors or Marc Jacobs bag? Help!!!

Buttery

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
Which bag looks better to you:

Michael by Michael Kors
MKorsbag.jpg

or....

Marc by Marc Jacobs?
mjacobsbag.jpg

They're both around the same size, shape and price. I love them both...but I only need one black bag!

Ohhh, I saw the Kors bag at Von Maur and loved it! I've also got the Marc bowler in yam and love it too, but I think the Marc bag is a tad bit more casual looking than the Kors bag. They both look great, but I guess it just depends. Do you need one to use for work and weekends or something more casual?

I work at night and usually don't "dress up" often, so I went with the Marc bowler.

Hello, Buttery! I have two bags by Michael, and I wear them all the time. One is from the Narragansett (sp) Collection, and I can't remember the name of the other bag, but I can tell you that you will not be disappointed at all with anything by Michael Kors. I usually wear either of them when I am going to work and they have held up for several years now without looking worn at all. The leather is amazing on all of his bags, really. I am very sure that Marc bags are wonderful, too, but I don't own one, so I don't know. I love the look of both of the ones that you chose, though.

Ohhh, I saw the Kors bag at Von Maur and loved it! I've also got the Marc bowler in yam and love it too, but I think the Marc bag is a tad bit more casual looking than the Kors bag. They both look great, but I guess it just depends. Do you need one to use for work and weekends or something more casual?

I work at night and usually don't "dress up" often, so I went with the Marc bowler.

Maxie...I was looking at the Marc bowler in Yam but couldn't decide if I liked that color or not. It doesn't help that it looks different on every website either. On Zappos it looks more orangy, but I saw it on another site and it looked more brown? :shrugs: Could you post a pic of it by any chance? :idea:
Or tell me if the Zappos photo is true to color: Marc by Marc Jacobs Handbags Totally Turnlock Bowler (Yam) - Marc by Marc Jacobs Women's Handbags
Thanks a bunch!

Buttery...I love them both but the Marc definitely looks a little more casual.

I :heart: the Marc Jacobs!:love:
The Michael Kors reminds me of the YSL Muse. :cursing:

I agree. The MJ looks more original. MKors really needs to get a new handbag designer. Some of his stuff is great and original (I have one that I love), and the rest are just ordinary. He needs to build more consistency in those designs.