New Chanel Looks Like Stam...

Nov 30, 2007
I was going through my Elle Accessories Magazine and saw this picture of a new Chanel bag that looks exactly like the beloved Stam. The bag is $3850. :wtf:

ChanelStam-1.jpg

How do we feel about this MJ girls... :confused1:

Chanel had the original quilted bags, so we better be careful what we say. . .
Is the shape of the stam original to MJ, or is it reminiscent of a vintage Chanel bag?
I have no idea actually.

ETA: I think what made the stam uniquely MJ is the oversized kisslock and the chunky gold chain, which this bag doesn't have. Although I agree this bag looks very stam-like, and the chain looks like the silver sunburst stam chain.

^Good point, Roo. The quilting and the chain strap were originally Chanel for sure. I'm just partial to MJ so I'm being biased. Not sure about the stam shape. Was the kisslock done before the stam, too? I'm not too up on the history.

Weird.

I'm not into Chanel; nevertheless, I respect the brand. However, I went into a Chanel boutique a couple of weeks ago and was disappointed with the quality of the leather. I expected something smoother, classier, yummy, you know, screaming quality, and what I found was nothing like it.

looks like karl lagerfeld is trying to stick it to MJ, for him originally playing off of chanels classic quilting when the stam first came out...:rolleyes: i find this kinda funny, actually.

I think it's already on BBOS in the main handbags to borrow section, too. I always wish they'd show more dang photos of the bags on there, interiors, heck, some don't even list the dimensions! very annoying.

looks like karl lagerfeld is trying to stick it to MJ, for him originally playing off of chanels classic quilting when the stam first came out...:rolleyes: i find this kinda funny, actually.

This is what I was thinking too. However for them to charge $3850 for a bag that looks like the Stam is ludicrous especially with the quality issues Chanel is having. :faint: