Why are gucci bags onsale?

poonski

handbag addict!!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
I'm just curious to why all the bags are going on sale one after an other? Not that i don't like sales, in fact i LOVE it, but why? I've never seen this happened before. I thought that gucci only do sales every twice a year, one in the summer and one around the end of the year. Is this something new that the company is doing or is it because the economy is somehow affecting them in a way? Or am i just over thinking this? :confused1:

i think they're on sale because the economy is so bad...i was in boston today and heard that gucci was going to go on sale to boost sales...everyone is impacted by the economy right now and i think that stores are going to have to adjust pricing accordingly OR suffer a huge holiday setback....

I dont want LV to do it and Im sorry to hear gucci is doing it. Sure we all love cheaper products but isnt one of the reasons we all buy them is because they are more high end and not so many people have them? I mean if LV were to go on sale and alot more people started buying them it wouldnt be as exclusive as it is and wouldnt have such a "wow" factor. and I believe that Gucci doing it is a slap in the face to those customers who shelled out so much money for the items b4 they went on sale.

Most sale items aren't the current "It" bags. I don't mind at all that they discount bags from 2 or 3 years ago :graucho:
I do. and not all are 2-3 years old. Its just that if I pay all this money for something because its a luxury item and I know not many people have it I would wait for it to drop a couple hundred in a year now everyone who complimented it now has it. Now Im thinking maybe I was just stupid to have spent so much to buy it then.

I dont want LV to do it and Im sorry to hear gucci is doing it. Sure we all love cheaper products but isnt one of the reasons we all buy them is because they are more high end and not so many people have them? I mean if LV were to go on sale and alot more people started buying them it wouldnt be as exclusive as it is and wouldnt have such a "wow" factor. and I believe that Gucci doing it is a slap in the face to those customers who shelled out so much money for the items b4 they went on sale.

Y'know I agree with you here. That's why I don't buy coach. Everyone & thier brother owns a coach. Also LV because there are so many fakes on display around here, it's depressing.

However, it looks like only the Americans get Gucci on sale - so perhaps it is in an effort to carry less overhead in the face of their current situation? Spectulation. *shrug*

I do. and not all are 2-3 years old. Its just that if I pay all this money for something because its a luxury item and I know not many people have it I would wait for it to drop a couple hundred in a year now everyone who complimented it now has it. Now Im thinking maybe I was just stupid to have spent so much to buy it then.

allen98 - too bad you feel this way. See, I buy Gucci bag because of the quality, craftmanship and design. I am not worried about when it will go out on sale or what - if I like it (at the right price) then I'll get it. The joy and happiness of wearing one is more important to me than what other poeple think or say. If they compliment my bag, then thanks very much. I do not buy just to impress or show off - it's more of for me. I also believe that is the main reason why we (at TPF) do not condone fakes - it's for our own satisfaction and no one else's.

So if Gucci or LV goes on sale - so what, I am happy. More women will be given the chance to enjoy and feel the "real thing".

Last edited:

i stated this before on the coach section and i was ripped to shreds with the reply no we buy because we love it lol of course i dont like coach anymore.. they have a cheap factory line out and well its just everywhere..

I love that it's going on sale! It means that I can pick up a bag in a larger size than I had perhaps planned. I personally own both gucci and coach and I don't really care that they go on sale. I don't like coach so much anymore because it's made in China (well, most of it is), but I could care less about the sales. I like it because of the quality and the fashion personally. I don't like that there are so many fakes because I know that's not the same QUALITY. But if gucci had a $1 sale or some sort of weird raffle, I'd totally still buy it because I LOVE it... (actually that would be really cool... dollar day at gucci. there would be a stampede!).

Anyway, with the suffering economy, we can ALL use the discount! More power to them.

allen98 - too bad you feel this way. See, I buy Gucci bag because of the quality, craftmanship and design. I am not worried about when it will go out on sale or what - if I like it (at the right price) then I'll get it. The joy and happiness of wearing one is more important to me than what other poeple think or say. If they compliment my bag, then thanks very much. I do not buy just to impress or show off - it's more of for me. I also believe that is the main reason why we (at TPF) do not condone fakes - it's for our own satisfaction and no one else's.

So if Gucci or LV goes on sale - so what, I am happy. More women will be given the chance to enjoy and feel the "real thing".
do you buy the monogram lines? if so, why? and if your post really reflects how you feel why not just buy all coatch, or something a whoooooole lot cheaper with just as good if not better quality. Lets face it 20% of our money goes towards craftmanship the other 80 goes towards a name.

i think they're on sale because the economy is so bad...i was in boston today and heard that gucci was going to go on sale to boost sales...everyone is impacted by the economy right now and i think that stores are going to have to adjust pricing accordingly OR suffer a huge holiday setback....

I happen to be in the Boston today .. May I know where that GUCCI store is?

The bag is only worth what you're willing to pay for it. There are tons of people who love the Blondie collection and would drop a major dough on one, because it's no longer in production and hard to find. If you can wait until your dream bag goes on sale, that would be great to get a bargain.

Gucci, as with other designers' bags, is not a necessity. With this economy going into/or already in a recession, luxury goods will take a hit as well. I'm a bargain shopper -- usually buy on sales or from the outlet. That's my 2 cents.

The bag is only worth what you're willing to pay for it. There are tons of people who love the Blondie collection and would drop a major dough on one, because it's no longer in production and hard to find. If you can wait until your dream bag goes on sale, that would be great to get a bargain.

Gucci, as with other designers' bags, is not a necessity. With this economy going into/or already in a recession, luxury goods will take a hit as well. I'm a bargain shopper -- usually buy on sales or from the outlet. That's my 2 cents.
ok well you let me know when Louis goes on sell. I doubt all luxuries will

I don't really like LV that much, I have to say. I don't wear brown bags and their leather bags are to me a rip off. I had the Neverfull and the leather trim bugged me. I prefer a Chanel, and Chanel does have sales on seasonal items.