How does this make you feel?

paolochua

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
Now I don't really post at the Chanel forum but I saw these magazine pictures and I thought i'd share them to you girls. The girl featured is a Philippine socialite.

2e4gfth.jpg

Pouring Chanel N°5 on a burning book!

2rnei53.jpg

Giving a Chanel bag a bath! :wtf:

:faint:

PS: (larger pictures can be viewed at my blog)

She needs her head examined, I think......
I suppose the purpose is to let us plebes know that while we treasure these items, she is rich enough to treat her CHANEL this way because she can buy anything she chooses.

Interesting! I heard somewhere that everything in movies/magazines in the US require authorization from the brand or the brand often pays the movie as an endorsement of their product. TV sitcoms/soap operas never show pepsi or coke products for the same reason, I think. I heard they only show generic soda cans when filmed.
Not sure if the whole thing applied to apparel too, but maybe someone thought they were artistic.
I wouldn't do that to my bags (obviously), but I guess, to each their own. :P

I still don't "get" the photos. Why burn a book? And Pour Chanel No #5 on it? And giving a Chanel bag a bath? I just want to know what her message was, or her intent was in these photos.........

Btw: I'm guessing the photos are supposed to be sexy?? Lol! :okay:
IMO the first photo she looks deranged :devil:, and the second one looks like an airhead who accidentally dropped her purse in the pool! :lol:

I think these pictures are for a magazine in the Philippines that is known to be rebellious and edgy, so that's probably the concept that they were going for. I'm guessing they were trying to prove a point that people shouldn't stick to the idea of having only designer items IMHO (the other photos were of her cutting up an Armani shirt and an Hermes scarf). Although don't get me wrong, I totally love Chanel! Seeing her give that Chanel bag a bath makes me want to cry! :crybaby:Poor bag, I'd gladly give it a loving home! Thanks for taking the time to post the photos btw paolochua!

LOL, don't feel too bad for the bag; maybe the bag was filthy needed the bath... or maybe they just used a fake prop? The way I interpreted this is that you do not need labels to prove yourselves or your worth to the world.

She needs her head examined, I think......
I suppose the purpose is to let us plebes know that while we treasure these items, she is rich enough to treat her CHANEL this way because she can buy anything she chooses.

I think you're right. I hate socialites - they think they're all that just because they have money, but most of them are just a bunch of nobodies without any purpose in their lives whatsoever, besides showing up at parties and buying stuff...really a sad to way to spend your life. Pictures like this make me happy about the fact that I'm only a student that has to save up to buy something (and then enjoy it to death instead of ruining it). Really :tdown:

^Having said this, I'm sure there are plenty of wealthy people out there who don't need publicity to be happy and that spend their cash the way they want and lead the life they choose. I'm not saying rich people are stupid (of course not!), but some socialites are just disgusting. I'm sorry if I offended anyone by my above comment - I don't mean to! (it's soooo hard to make your point online sometimes without offending anyone, and things can easily get out off hand here on TPF :yes:). Anyway, I hope the Chanel bag survived that bath!