My little brother got an INSANE back tattoo! (slightly graphic)

I like it! I looked at the pictures before I read the actual post and my interpretation of it was a kind of good versus evil type thing: the dragon being evil and spewing his evil fire and the butterfly being good and throwing hearts back at the dragon!

I think it's a cool visual and makes a nice tat!:yes:

Exactly. Borderline personalities typically see themselves as "bad" or "evil" - in terms of their innate nature. All these pics were taken with my camera phone, btw. I need to get some good pics today with my ACTUAL camera because all those pics do it *NO* justice. It is really a work of art

Wow, what an incredible tattoo! You guys are so creative...I love the meanings behind your tattoos. Very cool idea, and it turned out really well. I really like the detailing in the dragon.

lol thank you. Well, as for me - I think I'm done with ink. I may add some light blue outline to my wrist tattoo, but besides that - I'm pretty sure I'm set. My fiance as well :s - but my brother is already plotting a thigh piece! He goes to therapy today - I personally think his lithium is too low (the lithium balances the extremes in his personality - makes a gray out of the black and white in his mindset) - so we'll see today. I just don't want him to rush things. :nogood:

wow! it's very beautiful and amazing! i can't believe he was able to stand all that in one session. ouch!!!!! (i have six SMALL tattoos and they were over fast; i can't imagine a big one like that!!!)

Pics with an actual camera:

DSCN4283.jpg

DSCN4282.jpg

It's so interesting that he pictured his personality/thinking process in this manner. I was expecting something much less artistic when I saw your warning.

I have a relative with BPD and she should have a fraction of the awareness that your brother does.

Nice job, though he must have a high pain threshold!