My little brother got an INSANE back tattoo! (slightly graphic)

Colors are amazing!

Pics with an actual camera:

DSCN4283.jpg

Very impressive - your brother has been able to think through his personality, recognize the extreme elements in his inner being, and come up with a visual representation that is thought-provoking as well as beautiful.

Well done! I agree with adding some detail to the butterly and additional shading to the flames - AFTER it heals!

Oh absolutely after it heals. I also want to add some purple to the morphing butterfly (if you look to the left of the purple butterfly there is a half butterfly - that is the morphing butterfly from the blue petals from the fire) - I think it needs some purple so that you see it's the morph.

My brother-in-law saw it recently and said "oh how cool! A dragon roasting a butterfly!" :wtf: My brother was horrified :Push:

Colors are amazing!

Thank you! You really can't even see them all yet because it was so early in it's healing stage. The fire has deep red, yellow, and orange in it - and the butterfly is a lilac light purple - but because it was so new everything was darker because there's red behind it (from the swollen skin, blood, etc - everything was raised and healing)

Now it's all scabby and pealing. We just keep washing it and lotioning it :tup:

That's pretty bad ass. Is he planning on filling in around that??

He's giving it thought - but I don't want him to. I just want to do a couple tiny additions - like some extra black shading to the flame, a little more detail to the big butterfly (black lines in the wing span), and a bit of purple added to the morph butterfly - but no, I don't want him to add anything around it. The artist suggested clouds around the dragon - but I think it would take away from it, personally. What would you add? :idea:

LL, that is such a cool tat with such meaning to him! Thanks for sharing with everyone!

BTW, I wouldn't add clouds or anything around the dragon; that definitely would take away focus from it.