My little brother got an INSANE back tattoo! (slightly graphic)

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
So in the spirit of tattoos my brother finally decided on the back piece he's been pondering. My brother has borderline personality disorder, and so he designed his tattoo, in his head, as an illustration of the disorder; of his personality. The dragon is fierce and aggressive. The dragon spews fire, which turn to petals, which morph into butterflies, which fly off of his back. He had the picture in his head - but is no artist. He spent a week designing it with our tattoo artist. Here is the process. It took 5 hours total, and was done in one sitting. Opinions?

So this was the initial drawing, which was changed up a few times:
a.jpg

And then we documented step by step:
e.jpg

f.jpg

shadingdragon1.jpg

j.jpg

m.jpg

o-1.jpg

llll-1.jpg

I think this is really artistically beautiful. The dragon and butterflies look like both sides are balanced visually and symbolically. That's amazing that your brother envisioned this in his head and was able to form a vision of his own personality and capture it visually like this. From the heart, I think it's perfect.

I like it! I looked at the pictures before I read the actual post and my interpretation of it was a kind of good versus evil type thing: the dragon being evil and spewing his evil fire and the butterfly being good and throwing hearts back at the dragon!

I think it's a cool visual and makes a nice tat!:yes:

Wow, what an incredible tattoo! You guys are so creative...I love the meanings behind your tattoos. Very cool idea, and it turned out really well. I really like the detailing in the dragon.