Question for the MAC geniuses! (LOL)

BlondeAmbition

The 757's Bagaholic
O.G.
Jan 12, 2008
SO I bought some pigments from thebodyneeds.com yesterday and I was wondering 2 things:

a) about how long does it take for it to ship and get to meee?? lol I am pretty excited to use em'! For reference I live in Virginia (Hampton Roads...)

annnd b) What MAC brush (or any other brand) do you recommend to use when applying the pigments?

THANKS LADIES! any help is greatly appreciated!:tup:

i've ordered from her twice & it takes her like 3 days to ship once the order is placed then another 2-3 for delivery. I'm in Virginia as well.

oh & as for the brush i use a sephora #21 all over eyeshadow brush. Maybe a MAC 252 or 239

239! you want to pack those pigments on your lid. not sweep. but i will tell u this go to michaels and get the lowe cornell 3/4 maxine mop. its the exact same as the 239. I have about 4 and they will save u 20 each!

...I love the 242 for packing on pigments instead of the 239. I use the 239 to apply lighter (non-pigment) e/s in my inner lid and inner corner area and then the narrower 242 for the lid/crease/outer area for pigment or deeper e/s.

For my lid shape and how I like to apply color, this works great for me. Now, if I want to do a huge sweep of pigment, I'll go straight to the 252 brush which is much wider.

No matter what, I use Bare Study paint pot under pigments rather than Painterly. A shimmery base is much better for showing off those pigments!!

Good tip, PG! I'm going to put Bare Study on my list. :yes:

The key is definitly a good base. Sometimes, I'll even use UDPP and a paint pot. Nothing budges when I do that.

...I love the 242 for packing on pigments instead of the 239. I use the 239 to apply lighter (non-pigment) e/s in my inner lid and inner corner area and then the narrower 242 for the lid/crease/outer area for pigment or deeper e/s.

For my lid shape and how I like to apply color, this works great for me. Now, if I want to do a huge sweep of pigment, I'll go straight to the 252 brush which is much wider.

No matter what, I use Bare Study paint pot under pigments rather than Painterly. A shimmery base is much better for showing off those pigments!!

AWESOME!! I have the Bare Study Paint Pot-and I was thinking about getting painterly-but I think I'll stick with what I have!! I cannot wait to try my new pigments!

^ITA, Bare Study has gold undertones and so I don't like using it with my Lark About-based looks, or the blue/iridescent looks. I like my sublime nature paint for a neutral base, I still get a lot of shimmer but it definitely does make the total outcome different. I would definitely recommend having a few options if people can afford it!