Problems with Hangtags

christylou

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Does anybody but me have problems with your hangtags falling off? Earlier today I noticed that the hangtag on my white ergo hobo that was gone. I was so bummed, but then found it at the bottom of the bag. What dumb luck to lose it in the bag! Anyway, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen with this bag or any other bag I have. Would it be a sin to put a tiny drop of superglue on the brass chain to prevent it from coming apart??

I just lost a hangtag the other day. I called to order a new one and then my son found it later that day in the driveway, but no chain. I actually used plyers and clamped them all closed now since I won't be taking them off and don't want to lose them. I thought of glue also though.

I only had a problem with my carly, it fell off a couple of times but I saw it happen then the 3rd time I lost it completely. Clamping them shut is a good idea.

I live in fear that this will happen! :hrmm:
I'm constantly checking my Carly's hangtag :s

I tuck in the ones one my heritage stripe tote and xl satchel so they won't accidentally fall :yes:

My biggest fear is that they will take my fobs down with them :shocked:

I must be strange because I actually take the hangtags off! They annoy the heck out of me....I usually leave them in a box and replace them if I decide to e*bay the bag. :shrugs:

I haven't lost one, but I do pinch the clasp every once in awhile. And I've "relocated" tags that were bothersome and attached larger ones to the D-Ring inside the bag.

I just lost my hangtag yesterday off my Ergo medium tote! What was worse, I had the owl keychain hanging from it, so that was gone too :tdown:

Oh no, how horrible!! The loss of a hangtag is bad enough, but then to lose our keychain is even worse. Hopefully you'll find it somewhere in your house or car.

I just lost a hangtag the other day. I called to order a new one and then my son found it later that day in the driveway, but no chain. I actually used plyers and clamped them all closed now since I won't be taking them off and don't want to lose them. I thought of glue also though.

Good idea. I'm going to try this instead of the glue. Thanks for the idea!

I use pliers to pinch the clasp tighter, and knock on wood, I haven't had a problem! However, I have heard of people snatching hangtags from bags before, so I always try to wear mine where it's in the front and I can keep an eye on it. Otherwise, in a crowd where your bag sometimes gets bumped anyway, it might be hard to notice if someone removes the ball chain!