Valuable Articles Insurance

Oh me! I meant to post the addy for you, La Van. Here it is: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod58560067&cmCat=search&searchType=

Precisely why I love DVF -- so simple to put on and accessorize, but lots of bang for the buck.

A bit OT, but anyone know what size DVF goes up to? We need more/better plus-sized clothing!

You can't have a rider on renter's insurance? Hmmm, I know we have one for my wedding ring (again, we are homeowners, though).

Amy

Oh me! I meant to post the addy for you, La Van. Here it is: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod58560067&cmCat=search&searchType=

Precisely why I love DVF -- so simple to put on and accessorize, but lots of bang for the buck.

Thanks! I just had a look but it seems if you shorten the dress you'll lose the details at the bottom ... shucks ... I hate it when this happens to short people with clothes lol!

As far as insurance... I bet Angel's insurance on her bags would be more than a hefty life insurance policy! :lol:

TOTALLY!!!

One thing folks may wish to consider is thinking of their H (or other luxury items) as a collection. Our agent has suggested getting a seperate rider (sp?) for my handbags because he sees them as a collection much like others collect Lladros or model train stuff. I am in the process of taking pics so I can do this.

This is exactly what I did. The policy covers cash reimbursement for the full value of a new item (plus inflation or store markups).

yep! i was glad to hear that HEAVEN FORBID a person's birkin gets stolen, my insurance compnay covers the CURRENT cost of a bag...including inflation.

state farm does not have personal articles insurance to cover handbags though...that would include theft, damage or "mysterious disapperance." i have the personal articles for my watch though. they said they were "working on it."

so if you ladies have State Farm, email or call and tell them you want personal articles insurance for your handbags!!! :biggrin:

yep! i was glad to hear that HEAVEN FORBID a person's birkin gets stolen, my insurance compnay covers the CURRENT cost of a bag...including inflation.

state farm does not have personal articles insurance to cover handbags though...that would include theft, damage or "mysterious disapperance." i have the personal articles for my watch though. they said they were "working on it."

so if you ladies have State Farm, email or call and tell them you want personal articles insurance for your handbags!!! :biggrin:
Hey! who the lovely in the avatar!:smile:

^christopher eccleston...he's an english actor...that's him in "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett. he plays the duke of norfolk. he's one of my favorites. he was the Ninth Doctor in Doctor Who...

h related: that's a lotta money for insuring your bags, Avandome! per year??? i could understand lifetime, but...

if you don't have any insurance, there is no point of taking a picture and saving your recipt because who is going to replace it??

however if you have insurance on the house, then you can claim it. my mom has all of her fur coats pics taken with recipts saved.

my family's with statefarm and not everything is covered so its best to ask your agent. my flute (costed $10 000)is not covered under our house insurance so i had to buy a seperate insurance. i had to take my recipt and my flute in. they inspected it and asked if instruments will inflate in price. because my instrument was only entry level to professional models i said no. so i pay $100 a year to have my flute insured.

Just reading through Cinderlala's before and after thread, and it occurred to me that the total value of all my H probably runs into the thousands even though the individual items are only a few hundred each (although it would be quite difficult to replace the scarf designs). I should obviously check my policy schedule, but what does everyone else do regarding their smaller H items and insurance?

I actually called my insurance agent about my bags last year and she checked with an underwriter for me. I cannot cover handbags under a "jewelry" rider, but they suggested I bump up my overall personal property coverage. They said to have photos taken and keep all receipts. BTW, she had never heard of Hermes and birkins, etc. and was SHOCKED at how expensive everything was. Oh well... It looks like you're in the UK and they may have completely different rules regarding the bags/jewelry, call them and check.

I actually called my insurance agent about my bags last year and she checked with an underwriter for me. I cannot cover handbags under a "jewelry" rider, but they suggested I bump up my overall personal property coverage. They said to have photos taken and keep all receipts. BTW, she had never heard of Hermes and birkins, etc. and was SHOCKED at how expensive everything was. Oh well... It looks like you're in the UK and they may have completely different rules regarding the bags/jewelry, call them and check.

It happend exactly the same to me! I cannot cover the bag but I increased the quantity of the contents in my flat ( the price of the bags), in case of fire, or anything!