Do you feel guilty about money spent on designer bags?

I consider myself the most materialistic person out of everyone I know ( my family, my friends) and I'm not shy to admit it. Its okay - that is why its called a addiction :smile: its like drugs but at least our bodies and health are not physically harmed.

yes, i do feel guilty some times, but then i think of my bags as an investment. i don't just buy random designer bags, i choose them carefully and try to but those with resale value so i can sell them again wihtout losing much money in the future.

Yes I do feel guilty sometimes but then I rationalise, I am spending tuns of money to dress my kids, my hubby just got a new BMW motorbike and so why shouldn't I be allowed to have a "little" hobby.
Actually I don't work (stay home with 3 kinds) and hubby is tolerating my hobby as long as I get good deals he doesn't so much mind me spending as long it fits into budget.

I do feel guilty, too, but when you think about it: Other people spend sooooo much money on i.e. a really nice car, a stereo, new computers, a car stereo, a guitar, IPods et al, smoking (it definitely adds up!), drinking (i.e. a few drinks after work every day), partying (a night can cost you up to $200, if you do that more than 6 times a month= 1-2 handbags) etc.

So it is really about personal priorities. Therefore every time I feel guilty I just think about that and feel a lot better!:yes:

(As you can see I have throught about this a bit;) )

I pay my bills and save money. But it is extravagant, no matter how you look at it. There are lots of people who don't spend that kind of money on stuff like this. But a lot of people spend on something else.

I agree with this. I don't go to concerts, fancy dinners, don't travel, don't buy expensive clothes. Handbags are where I like to spend my money.

Perhaps maybe and I mean maybe, if I buy 3-4 handbags at one time I will feel some discomfort and guilt but it quickly goes away. I admit and accept the fact that I have a passion for handbags. He-he

Hi, I´m new to this blog,I just can´t believe I'm not alone in my obsesion with handbags!
The thing is I bought my first designer bag 4 years ago ( a LV ) and since then a few more gorgeous bags but I always feel guilty about the amount spent on them ,I even reason with myself that, since I gave up smoking 7 years ago it's only the money that I would have puffed away... and it's just invested in handbags now which has to be healthier.....am I alone in feeling guilty?