Moissanite vs. Asha vs. CZ

ExpoITR

May 28, 2008
This is my first post... ;)

Here is a photo of a CZ purchased @ Saks (Diamonair), an Asha RB loose stone, and a loose Moissanite stone (RB as well).

As you can see, the Moissanite does have a greenish look. IRL it is truly greenish/yellow. The CZ is kind of cloudy too, I don't wear it often (maybe 3 times max). All in all, I think the Asha stone is gorgeous (I just got it today).

HTHs those out there that were considering the stones! I own many diamonds but I thought it would be fun to get these to see how they compare.

attachment.php

L to R: CZ, Asha, Moiss.

Attachments

• Image1.JPG
    Image1.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 63,203
Last edited:
L to R: Asha, Moiss.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

L to R: CZ, Asha, Moiss.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2653.jpg
    IMG_2653.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 18,406
  • IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 18,313
  • IMG_2655.jpg
    IMG_2655.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 18,361
  • IMG_2656.jpg
    IMG_2656.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 19,585
  • IMG_2663.jpg
    IMG_2663.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 27,903
ExpoITR, did the CZ and moissanite stones deteriorate over time, or is this pretty much what they looked like new? Thanks so much for the comparison pictures!

All these stones are less than 2 months old. I was curious so I purchased them fairly recently. As new stones, I would recommend the Asha. Since it has the best starting look, I would assume it will have the best look over time. And for $390.00 - I think it was worth it. ;)

The best imitant I had ever seen was a "Diamondized" or diamond coated cubic zirconia- a layer of synthetic diamond is grown over the cubic zirconia base. Saw it a couple of years ago in Hong Kong and hadn't been able to find it since.
The Asha is probably the closest thing I've seen. I hadn't even heard of it until I can across this post.
Thanks!