Moissanite vs. Asha vs. CZ

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 May 28, 2008
    Last edited: May 28, 2008
    This is my first post... ;)

Here is a photo of a CZ purchased @ Saks (Diamonair), an Asha RB loose stone, and a loose Moissanite stone (RB as well).

As you can see, the Moissanite does have a greenish look. IRL it is truly greenish/yellow. The CZ is kind of cloudy too, I don't wear it often (maybe 3 times max). All in all, I think the Asha stone is gorgeous (I just got it today).

HTHs those out there that were considering the stones! I own many diamonds but I thought it would be fun to get these to see how they compare.

[​IMG]

L to R: CZ, Asha, Moiss.

Image1.JPG
  2. L to R: Asha, Moiss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L to R: CZ, Asha, Moiss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMG_2653.jpg IMG_2654.jpg IMG_2655.jpg IMG_2656.jpg IMG_2663.jpg
  3. Nice pictures,the Asha stones will always give you the most bang for your buck.:ty:for the picture comparison.

4. Wow, thanks so much for those pics, the Asha looks amazing! I'd never even heard of it until the other day.

5. Thanks for posting!

6. ExpoITR, did the CZ and moissanite stones deteriorate over time, or is this pretty much what they looked like new? Thanks so much for the comparison pictures!

7. Great thread! I've always been curious about the comparison of the materials!

8. No problem! I wish I would have caught more sun to be able to take more photos.

9. All these stones are less than 2 months old. I was curious so I purchased them fairly recently. As new stones, I would recommend the Asha. Since it has the best starting look, I would assume it will have the best look over time. And for $390.00 - I think it was worth it. ;)

10. Yes! I have been curious as well. I'm glad to be of help, this is the only time I've enjoyed being the "guinea pig." lol

11. This is a great thread and I thank you for your pics.

12. Moissanite does not cloud up or fade like CZ's....don't know about the Asha...

chessmont likes this.
  13. I have heard some talk about Asha's but never saw one. It looks the most like a real diamond with a "steely" look.

14. The best imitant I had ever seen was a "Diamondized" or diamond coated cubic zirconia- a layer of synthetic diamond is grown over the cubic zirconia base. Saw it a couple of years ago in Hong Kong and hadn't been able to find it since.
    The Asha is probably the closest thing I've seen. I hadn't even heard of it until I can across this post.
    Thanks!

15. ExpolTR, thank you for doing this. Very interesting.

BTW, may I know the size of these stones - are they 2ct each?