please help-red wine spilled in my kitchen and it stained my refridgerator door!

kimsg

O.G.
Feb 21, 2008
any suggestions how to get it away. i have a GE white refridgerator and the red wine is streaked down the front. i have tied the basic stuff like water and scrubbing but it is still stained. any suggestions?

What about trying diluting some bleach with water and applying that with a paper towel? (wear gloves if you do this; the bleach will really dry out your hands)

try a household cleaner with bleach in it....something a tad abrasive..like a gel.
i nearly died when i saw my old cleaning woman using soft scrub with bleach on stains in my kitchen..even on my paint !it worked and didnt damage anything.just make sure u rinse it off good later

i don't knoe the finish, it is "basic" GE side by side refridgerator. i am afraid to use bleach, i just did a search and saw a product called "wine away" i might try it, my local wine store has great customer service, maybe they will be able to help

The last room mate I had (like 5 yrs ago) was a bit tipsy and managed to spray the entire kitchen with half a bottle of red wine. We had all white appliances and white cabinets. As I recall I used Chlorox Clean up with bleach and possibly some 409 and perhaps some lysol kitchen cleaner. (BTW- The worst part of my situation is that it managed to hit the beige carpet- Resolve barely got it out. )

If you fridge is white and a GE it is more than likely a plastic PVC substance cover on the front of the doors. Does it have a pebbly feel to it? And if it does, you can use a mildly abrasive cleaner. I would advise against straight bleach though. A cleaner with bleach will do just fine.

GL!