please help-red wine spilled in my kitchen and it stained my refridgerator door!

kimsg

O.G.
Feb 21, 2008
new jersey
any suggestions how to get it away. i have a GE white refridgerator and the red wine is streaked down the front. i have tied the basic stuff like water and scrubbing but it is still stained. any suggestions?

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
The Dirty South
What about trying diluting some bleach with water and applying that with a paper towel? (wear gloves if you do this; the bleach will really dry out your hands)

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
try a household cleaner with bleach in it....something a tad abrasive..like a gel.
i nearly died when i saw my old cleaning woman using soft scrub with bleach on stains in my kitchen..even on my paint !it worked and didnt damage anything.just make sure u rinse it off good later

kimsg

O.G.
Feb 21, 2008
new jersey
i don't knoe the finish, it is "basic" GE side by side refridgerator. i am afraid to use bleach, i just did a search and saw a product called "wine away" i might try it, my local wine store has great customer service, maybe they will be able to help

i<3bags

Mar 17, 2007
The last room mate I had (like 5 yrs ago) was a bit tipsy and managed to spray the entire kitchen with half a bottle of red wine. We had all white appliances and white cabinets. As I recall I used Chlorox Clean up with bleach and possibly some 409 and perhaps some lysol kitchen cleaner. (BTW- The worst part of my situation is that it managed to hit the beige carpet- Resolve barely got it out. )

If you fridge is white and a GE it is more than likely a plastic PVC substance cover on the front of the doors. Does it have a pebbly feel to it? And if it does, you can use a mildly abrasive cleaner. I would advise against straight bleach though. A cleaner with bleach will do just fine.

GL!

Dec 14, 2006
NYC
Use a Mister Clean Magic Eraser, I swear it removes just about everything. It's the only thing that removes my brown hair dye stains from my porcelain sink.

yvalenz

Jun 14, 2007
^ YUP - Mr. Clean Eraser works great on the front of the fridge! and most other things that need cleaning! :tup: