Is the glazed expresso too much like the wine color??

kimber

I love Nikkis!!
Sep 26, 2006
I want a brown Nikki, but am worried the expresso is too much of a burgundy color..I already have the wine..Just wondering if anyone has both and thinks they are too much alike? In some pictures it looks more brown and in some more burgundy..It is hard to tell..

This is kind of a tough question I think. First off I don't think the Wine & G.E. colors are that similar and the leathers are very different. I only own a glazed espresso bag but have seen the wine color before. But if you are looking for a true brown bag I must confess that I don't really use my GE MAM as a brown bag. I use it when I want a little pop in my outfit because it does have the *slight* burgundy hue. Having said that I am looking at it now and some might think of it as a brown bag.

That might be a bit confusing so here's what I'm trying to say.. When it stands alone it looks brown but if you put the G.E bag next to another brown bag (or shoes etc..) it looks different and doesn't completely match although it can sometimes compliment. I love this bag to death but if you are looking for a true brown bag it might not be the best. But if you have several brown bags in your collection and just want an addition than this might be fine. Have you thought about the Mocha color? That is a lovely dark brown color!
This is just my opinion but hope it helps!

This is kind of a tough question I think. First off I don't think the Wine & G.E. color are very similar. I only own a glazed espresso bag but have seen the wine color before and I don't really use my GE MAM as a brown bag. I use it when I want a little pop in my outfit because it does have the *slight* burgundy hue. Having said that I am looking at it now and some might think of it as a brown bag.

When it stands alone it looks brown but if you put the G.E bag next to another brown bag or shoes it looks different. I love this bag to death but if you are looking for a real brown bag it might night be the best. If you have several brown bags and want an addition than this might be fine. Have you thought about the Mocha? That is a lovely dark brown color!
This is just my opinion- hope it helps!

Thanks for your description and opinion...I :heart: the Nikki and with the old hardware so I just have to keep checking on ebay....I started getting into RM after most of the bags with old hardware were going out and the new coming in..Maybe with the new colors coming out more people will be selling their old ones???

I agree. The colors are very similar especially under certain lighting. However, the leathers are very different. The espresso is a little more structured but it breaks in very nicely.

yes i agree with little rock! I think maybe you could look into one of the newer colors coming out in summer/fall!

If you really want the GE, maybe you could get it in like the matinee or MA?!

I want a brown Nikki, but am worried the expresso is too much of a burgundy color..I already have the wine..Just wondering if anyone has both and thinks they are too much alike? In some pictures it looks more brown and in some more burgundy..It is hard to tell..

They are very different IMO but equally beautiful. These pictures might help you make your decision:yes:

IMG_2672.jpg

2000983626051660312_fs.jpg