picotin + tirette = _______________

piaffe

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
I have been playing around with my picotin and thinking of ways to dress it up. I don't have twillys or a breloque, so I'm trying to be creative.

As an experiment, I put a lock and tirette on it (I know the new picotin models will have a lock - mine is just a regular GM).

Has anyone else tried this? What do you think about it? I've attached photos showing them on the bag in different ways.

I like the concept, but I wonder if a Birkin/Kelly tirette is the right way to go.

Does anyone have a photo comparing a Birkin/Kelly tirette to a Victoria tirette and/or a Lindy tirette? (...or, can you take one for me? please?)

Photos:

(try to ignore the fact that the tirette is barenia, and the lock is gold!)

Attachments

• x1.jpg
    x1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 401
  • x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 420
  • x3.jpg
    x3.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 363
  • x4.jpg
    x4.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 637
  • x5.jpg
    x5.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 603
And, in action:

Attachments

• x-5.jpg
    x-5.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 379
  • x-4.jpg
    x-4.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 492
  • x-3.jpg
    x-3.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 328
  • x-2.jpg
    x-2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 361
  • x-1.jpg
    x-1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 363
I like it! You can't see much difference in the leathers from the photos, and I bet it won't be noticeable to others when you're out and about. I think it's a nice addition.

I personally like a pocket square on a Picotin. The twillys look -- to me -- too narrow when tied on a chunky bag like a Picotin.

Is it "too much"? Trying too hard? Too *obvious*?

I like that the picotin is so understated. Does this ruin it?

Here's a black and white version of the photo (the barenia/potiron clash bugs me and I think makes it stick out more - although I'm not sure this is much better):

attachment.php

Attachments

• xx1.jpg
    xx1.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 640
I like it! You can't see much difference in the leathers from the photos, and I bet it won't be noticeable to others when you're out and about. I think it's a nice addition.

I personally like a pocket square on a Picotin. The twillys look -- to me -- too narrow when tied on a chunky bag like a Picotin.

eliz - I think I like the extra gadget. I'm wondering if the Birkin tirette is the wrong shape for this kind of bag. Somehow the picotin feels more contemporary, so maybe a Victoria tirette would work better?

Here's a pic of my Victoria with the Tirette, Clochette and lock on; the Clochette is different, but the Tirette is more or less the same.....

Attachments

• C (24).JPG
    C (24).JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 393
This Picotin looks wonderful on you, Piaffe. You've got great style and don't need anything else on this bag, IMO. However, if you want to dress it up I can imagine you carrying it with a fabulous scarf nestled in the top of the bag so that a bit of the scarf can be seen. Better yet, wear the fabulous scarf and keep the Picotin sleek and modern.

I love it...but...for me it would have to be the same leather/colour/hardware as I am a bit anal like that. The greyed out picture looked better to my eyes as everything just about matched. How about one of the leather animal charms - the tiger one has some orange in it hasn't it?

Hi piaffe, the different color really bothers me. The size of the clochette looks mismatched to your bag.

But i do like the idea of adding a lock:
attachment.php

Is your picotin clemence? i don't remember from your last reveal. I am so in love with it. It looks very very good on you.

Fun to play with some pop colors. Maybe a dark color like an ebene bag might look cute with some pop. But yes, I would stay with the same leather. The market bags had them.

duna - thanks for the photo. I'm wondering if a different clochette will work better - I may need to try a Victoria on. It does actually have a more contemporary feel to it. Also wondering about travel HAC/Birkin clochettes - they are slightly larger, and don't have the same "curve" as the regular HAC/Birkin cloche.

Millstream - thanks... yes, I've seen many fabulous picotins here dressed up beautifully in silk!

AAN - me too. I need to match. I'm not terribly crazy about the animal charms, to be honest.

plum blossom - I agree. The size isn't working. Maybe the travel size?

elizabethk - thanks!

Encore Hermes and Luva Pug - I tried a rose shocking Kelly key chain (like Liness92's), but the pop wasn't "me". I think I prefer tone on tone... me and my neutrals!

This Picotin looks wonderful on you, Piaffe. You've got great style and don't need anything else on this bag, IMO. However, if you want to dress it up I can imagine you carrying it with a fabulous scarf nestled in the top of the bag so that a bit of the scarf can be seen. Better yet, wear the fabulous scarf and keep the Picotin sleek and modern.

I agree Millstream. I like the Picotin in all its naked glory!:P