BE leather is used to make bags by Claudia Firenze

h82bl82

Cindy
O.G.
Dec 11, 2007
I've already posted this over at the Belen Echandia Lounge, but I thought I'd start a new thread.

Here's a new one. Anyone ever hear of the brand Claudia Firenze? I was out shopping this morning and hit TJMaxx figuring I might find something. Well I did, a bag made by Claudia Firenze. Why you ask? The leather was exactly like the petrol Love Me I bought only it was in a pearl color and then the clincher, I smelled the bag and this Claudia bag had the EXACT same smell as a BE bag!!! It's made in Italy too.

So, I guess what I'm getting at is that wherever Jackie buys her wonderful leather for her bags, there's another company buying the same leather.

Any thoughts?

Oh, the 'discount' price on this bag was around $160, I didn't pay any attention to the 'actual' price. I guess what I should have done was buy, bring it home and photograph it then return it, but I didn't.

I was JUST at TJM yesterday.... I saw lots of italian bags but didn't look at the labels. I'm not familiar with BE leather so I didn't make any comparison. Next time I'll be on the lookout for sure!

There was only one bag at TJM by that brand. I'll describe it:
rectangle, around 13 or 14 inches wide, 11 or so inches tall, about 3 inches deep. Zip top, plain bag but had a silver metal tag on the front that was around an inch and half square that said CLAUDIA FIRENZE. The straps were white, the only white on the bag if I remember correctly and they were braided. The bag itself was a pearl color, but not white. I really should have bought it, brought it home and photographed it. The price at TJM was around $160 but I didn't even bother to check the 'actual' price, before the discount.

Cindy, I meant to post a response in the BE thread, but I think it got lost with all the bike and SM chatter and I couldn't find it. I googled the brand and found a lot on *bay too....The colors do look very similar to BE in some of their styles. But I couldn't find a "simple" style in any of the bags on the listings. Is there a site/store with more styles?

Wouldn't that be funny if they were the same leathers? It is like Toyota that makes Lexus and so on......so many things are made from the same locations! I do not frequent TJ Maxx so maybe I will bump into the brand somewhere else, so pics would be nice if someone could get them.

Cindy, I meant to post a response in the BE thread, but I think it got lost with all the bike and SM chatter and I couldn't find it. I googled the brand and found a lot on *bay too....The colors do look very similar to BE in some of their styles. But I couldn't find a "simple" style in any of the bags on the listings. Is there a site/store with more styles?

I tried to Google Claudia Firenze but didn't have a lot of luck. I also checked out ebay, just to see if the one I saw was up for sale, but alas, no luck in that department.

Wouldn't that be funny if they were the same leathers? It is like Toyota that makes Lexus and so on......so many things are made from the same locations! I do not frequent TJ Maxx so maybe I will bump into the brand somewhere else, so pics would be nice if someone could get them.

It is the same leather. I could tell by looking at it, then feeling it and most notably, smelling it. Believe me I was shocked because I have never seen (or smelled) a bag like this before until I bought my first BE.

hhmmm in another thread, someone posted they are found at Winners here in Canada...maybe that's why the name is familiar to me, because I have heared it before, I just don't know why....

I wish you did!! We could have shipped around to PF members to compare. :smile:! I still love BE. I saw the styles on ebay and they are to busy for me, so I am happy to buy BE even if they are the same leather.