How long does it take for the vachetta to reach a really dark patina?

reon

Sep 10, 2007
I guess i am quite the opposite from many bag-lovers here because i really am not a fan of patina on beautiful, clean vachettas :P

How long does it take for the handles to reach that really dark and almost a blackish colour?

I am really worried about the handles turning dark in a year or 2 and had been sticking to damier instead of venturing out so hopefully i will be able to gain some insights to this :sweatdrop:

thank you for your reply =)

unfortunately, i am currently back in hot, humid singapore so it means that it will turn darker faster right? :borg1:

my country rains all the time too.

ah, the woes of always falling in love with stuff that are the least practical.

^^^Yes, unfortunately, the climate you live in has all the factors that darken vachetta faster...heat, humidity, rainy weather. You can try a leather protectant and see if that helps slow the process a bit. Also, when storing, a cool & dry place is best. I honestly don't think that it will take just 1 or 2 years for vachetta to turn super dark but when that time comes, LV offers a vachetta replacement service for a fee.

^^^Yes, unfortunately, the climate you live in has all the factors that darken vachetta faster...heat, humidity, rainy weather. You can try a leather protectant and see if that helps slow the process a bit. Also, when storing, a cool & dry place is best. I honestly don't think that it will take just 1 or 2 years for vachetta to turn super dark but when that time comes, LV offers a vachetta replacement service for a fee.
like for a mono speedy will they replace the handels