Guidelines: First official "LOUBOUTIN" RAOK spring 08!!!

catcat

O.G.
Sep 6, 2006
As promised and even a bid early the guidelines, rules, info partly inspired by the very competent twiggers,...for our first RAOK in the CL subforum, I know there are a lot of details but you must read carefully! I count on all of you to really make this a sucess!

What:
Random Acts of Kindness basically it is a "secret" gift exchange among active members of the Louboutin subforum, a bid like a secret santa with the goal to make this "little" sub even more family! You can reveal your identity early but part of the fun is to try to find out who our secret giftgiver might be.

Signups:
Signups take place from the 2/25 - 3/2 No exceptions!

RAOK Length:
Two months, which is a good way to start! April 1st /May 30th

Qualifications:
1. Members MUST be an active participant of the Louboutin subforum.

2. Members should meet at least 2 of the following 3 requirements: (1) 500 posts; (2) more than 1 post per day; (3) member for at least 3 months

3. All participants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

4. You must be in the posession of a working digital camera and know how to post pics since you are required to post pics of your gifts so we can all :nuts:

RAOK Rules:

I have decided for those who know it not to use elfster or another online service for this RAOK it's a bid more work but I found elfster to be a bid tricky and since we are still rather a small group I think we can do without.

1. In the period between the 3/3 and the 3/8 you will receive a mail from me to invite you officially to the RAOK please then and only then go to the Offical RAOK "wishlist" thread that I will have posted by then and fill it out, it will help your buddy!
You will receive a second mail on the 3/9 to let you know who your buddy is.

2. You are required to send TWO gifts/packages to your assigned buddy. One gift in April one in May. I am not going to impose a spending limit but to avoid dissapointment and drama I suggest to stay around $50 or the equivalent in your currency.

3. Keep in mind that this is the LOUBOUTIN forum, please try to decorate/incorporate a LOUBOUTIN (or general shoe) theme. This does NOT mean you need to send someone something from CL:upsidedown:.....

4. Gifts must be postmarked by the 21st of each month if sending inside of your country or on the 15th if sending international and you MUST notify the RAOK admin (me) that you have sent it out!
Best thing is to get tracking!!!

5. When you receive a gift you MUST post photos within 3 days of receipt. If you can't post it within the first 24 hours please at least post on the thread "Hey, I got my gift, photos will be up tomorrow"!

6. People who break the above rules will be replaced by an Angel. It's a real PITA for me and for others...so please don't sign up if you don't think you can follow. Participating just to get free gifts is lame. I understand that sometimes life happens....but keep this in mind when you decide whether or not to sign up.

Angel System:

An Angel system is always in place to ensure that people receive gifts! Angels are basically just members of the RAOK who volunteer to send small gifts to someone who isn't their official buddy if needed. You can volunteer to be on the Angel list, but you are never required to send a gift. I just like to have a backup list of people to call on!

Concerning the RAOK spirit

Please remember that this is a Random Acts of Kindness...therefore it is the thought that counts!!! Not the pricetag!
Make shure to get to "know" your buddy before buying anything, discover what he/she likes, dislikes . Go thru old posts etc...Thoughtful gift where one buddy has obviously gone through the time to find out about the other buddy are always the best!

How to Sign Up:

Please PM me, catcat the following information:

Please put "Louboutin RAOK" in the subject line!

First Name:
Last Name:
Street:
Building etc.:
Zipcode:
City:
State:
Email:
Shipping Preference(USA-only, USA & Canada, Europe, etc.):
Are you willing to be an "angel":

Sorry guys yes it's definately "LOUBOUTIN" RAOK!:yes:

And what signups are concerned I would also need you shippingadress to be able to communicate it to your buddy!

So:
How to Sign Up:

Please PM me, catcat the following information:

Please put "Louboutin RAOK" in the subject line!

First Name:
Last Name:
Street:
Building etc.:
Zipcode:
City:
State:
Email:
Shipping Preference(USA-only, USA & Canada, Europe, etc.):
Are you willing to be an "angel":

Oh boy I am going to sign up right now!! This will be so much fun!! One thing, I know we have a guy, so I hope whoever gets him knows so he can keep his gift!! Thank you CatCat, this is going to be so much fun and I appreciate your hard work on out behalf!!

Oh boy I am going to sign up right now!! This will be so much fun!! One thing, I know we have a guy, so I hope whoever gets him knows so he can keep his gift!! Thank you CatCat, this is going to be so much fun and I appreciate your hard work on out behalf!!
CJY, I really appreciate you thinking about me, thanks.

Somebody asked so yes it's ok to sign up already...some are really impatient to join the fun, that's great. But please be shure to read and understand all the rules first!!!
Officially I will go over the pm's only starting the 25th , now NO signup pm send after the 2/3 will be taken into consideration!!!