Student LV Lovers, please read!

I usually don't have to bring much to school so I bring my speedy (like I put everything in there except for my notebooks/binders which I just hold..I don't have alot) or I bring my Gucci tote with the mini pochette ;)

Another vote for Batignolles Horizonal here. I WOULD have said cabas piano/mezzo, due to the zip top, but there's a girl in my class who has one that she carries religiously to school, and the vachetta looks NOT too hot. It's looks all dingy -eep.

Other than that... maybe a GM/MM Neverfull? But I counted that out since the handles seem less substantial for carrying books (but I have a heavier load than you, so maybe Neverfull is a better fit for you personally?)

Although I HAVE been considering a Vernis Bellevue GM for school lately as well. -I've really thought this out... but for now, for me at least, BH seems most versatile and @ a decent price point -good luck!

I love my damier geant pionnier. It is light-weight and can handle the Florida showers very well. I also interchange it with my PUMA bowler when I feel like going hand-held... (pics to follow)

designercollection005jl0.jpg

louisvjanuary002ih8.jpg

at my university, i've seen many ppl using gucci's and LV's, so i guess as long as the school's good it's all good. i think you won't go wrong with a neverfull mm or one of the batignolles, and recently i've seen this girl who's about 5'2 or so carrying her palermo gm and it looks gorgeous... or maybe saleya pm/mm? i think they are all pretty functional for school purposes.

i used to my lv to class, but since the desk dont have much room and i cant hang my bag on the chair, i would have to put my bag on the ground =( sometimes during class, people would accidently step on it =( it got annoying to have to try to quickly pick up my bag before someone gets towards my seat so i dont bring it anymore. if you can hang yours or have room on your desk, i say do it!!

I've tried, and it just doesn't work out. I even have a very, very small laptop but books really weigh me down. I have a BH, BV and neverfull MM and I've tried the lot of them !

I use my medium longchamp tote for school and then have a whole bunch of LV accesories inside.
-my koala wallet
-car keys/pomme couer
-denim trousse ray for pens/pencils
Sometimes when I only have to take a test and don't have to bring books i'll use my bosphore PM.

I think that a neverfull would be great for school though :smile:

I use my Neverfull GM for school. It's very lightweight and carefree! I'm 5'2'' so it looks HUGE on me, but I love that. I don't carry a lot of stuff either, but I like that it CAN -- I can stash my jacket/sweater in there along with a laptop if I need to.

i carry a large fendi satchel. it has a huge opening which makes it easy to dig around for stuff at the bottom. it also has a long enough drop to carry on my shoulder. those two points are very important imo when looking for a bag to use for school. i have also previously carried a prada messenger bag. good luck on your search!

yup, for school I alternate between my BH, Azur Saleya GM, and Damier Hampstead MM.

I see that you carry quite a lot of stuff, so I would NOT recommend a BH like others have suggested because it can only fit in max a 2" binder + small pencil case + some small extras (cell, makeup pouch, wallet...etc). I use my BH when I have very little classes or when there's not much workload.
I use my Saleya GM when I have a lot of things to carry. It does the job well, but the only thing that I'm dissatisfied with it is that the straps, which are very sturdy, are rounded and add a lot of pressure (less so pain) on my shoulders and my muscles become sore...
As for the Neverfulls, I know that they can carry upto 200lbs, however the straps are THIN and with the heavy books --> they will DIG into your skin and HURT lol I don't have this, but my SA said that's the major complaint she's gotten.

Thus, I recommend Damier Hampstead MM!!! It's subtle enough to be used for school, sturdy enough with its flat handles, and open up the sides to flash some hot red alcantara lining! lol Only downside to this is that the handle edges are sharp, I'll need to buff this out once I get it back from my mom...

I don't know what pix you want, of the bag itself, modeling pix, or what can fit inside the bag?
Everyone knows what BH is, so I won't post it lol
LV.SaleyaGM.azur2.jpg

DamierAzur.SaleyaGM.casual.dress.jpg

DSC01380.1.JPG

Jan.21.2008.HampsteadMM.JPG

I go to NYU, and personally I feel uncomfortable holding nice bags in the City. Maybe it's just from listening to my worried mother all the time but I wouldn't risk the extra paranoia...especially if you need to use public transportation. I like to use my Marc by Marc Jacobs bags because they're very "discreet" and they don't cost as much as LV. That's just my opinion though, I guess it all depends what your preferences are! ;)