Paris Hilton brother arrested for DUI

elizabethk

Workin' on my tan!
Jul 25, 2006
You would think he learned his lesson from his sister....

Paris Hilton brother arrested for DUI

48 minutes ago

Another Hilton has landed in the gray-bar hotel.
Paris Hilton's younger brother Barron Hilton was arrested Tuesday morning for allegedly driving under the influence, authorities said.
Barron Hilton was held at the Malibu station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. No other information was immediately available, said sheriff's Sgt. Diane Hecht.
As word of his arrest spread, nearly a dozen paparazzi swarmed the sheriff's station.
Paris Hilton pleaded no contest last year to alcohol-related reckless driving and was sentenced to 45 days in jail. The 26-year-old celebutante served a little more than two weeks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080212...r&printer=1;_ylt=ArHipYTouLfURJAIFOlRa8tY24cA

Paris Hilton's Little Brother Arrested for DUI (With Updates)

opw7rm.jpg

Like sister, like brother?
t.gif
's 18-year-old younger brother, Barron Hilton, was arrested Tuesday morning on a charge of driving under the influence, authorities confirm.

The younger Hilton was driving a black Mercedes on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu when he was pulled over around 8:30 a.m., unnamed police sources tell TMZ.com. Barron is currently being booked at the Lost Hills Sheriff's station.

Paris Hilton famously served time in jail last year for violating probation in an alcohol-related driving case. Hilton was charged with DUI in September 2006.

People

Update #1: Barron's been officially booked and is currently being held on $5000 bail.

Update #2: Police tell TMZ that no drugs or drug paraphernalia were found in Barron Hilton's car or on his person. They say at this point, it does not appear drugs are a factor.

We're wondering ... WTF is this kid drinking at 8:30 AM to get popped for a DUI?!

Update #3: Working at a Malibu 76 station can be hazardous to your health!

TMZ has learned Barron Hilton rammed an employee at the 76 early this morning, just before his arrest for DUI.

TMZ spoke to a cashier at the gas station this morning who told us Hilton "bumped" a worker at the station with his car, while the worker was at one of the pumps.

While it's unknown how seriously the worker -- who may have just hit the Hilton jackpot -- was injured, we're told L.A. County Fire was not called to the scene.

Update #4: A rep for Rick Hilton just gave TMZ a statement about Barron's DUI arrest:

"I haven't been contacted yet by either my son or the police. If what I have heard is true, it is very disturbing and I will have a lot to say -- but it will be to my son, not the media."

Update #5: Sources connected with Barron Hilton tell TMZ the kid, who lives at his parents' home, snuck out last night without telling anyone and didn't come home last night.

The family has no idea where Barron went or who he was with.

Barron's in a heap of trouble. If he's convicted, he faces a minimum license suspension of one year just for being a kid with a DUI. Of course, he could also go to jail. First timers, however, usually get probation.

Update #6: The Sheriff's Department tells TMZ Barron Hilton registered at nearly twice the legal limit, even for people over 21.

Spokesman Steve Whitmore tells us Barron blew a .14 blood alcohol reading.

In California, .08 is considered legally intoxicated for drivers over 21. If they're under 21 -- Barron is 18 -- any blood alcohol level is considered legally drunk.

Updates via TMZ

I'm not really shocked considering the track record of the Hilton family. What shocks me more is that he got pulled over at 8:30am...what the h*ll was he drinking that early in the morning??