Celebrity Used Handbags

chancemom

Feb 8, 2008
Hello All!

I am new to the purse forum and I've never felt so at home :smile: I wanted to get your opinion if you would or would not buy a used celebrity handbag? Why or Why Not? I'll start with myself... I would if the purse was like new and the price was reasonable.. What about you??

I think it would depend on which celebrity it was from and whether or not I was buying it to use or just as a collectible. For example, someone like Mary Kate Olsen obviously has used her Bbags a lot and hasn't taken care of them very well...I might buy one as a collector's item just because I love her..but wouldn't buy it to use...on the other hand..if the purse was in great condition, then sure why not?

How do you know it was really owned by a celebrity? If the bag is in good condition, and the price is right, I'd say go for it. but if someone wants to charge $$$ for a worn out piece of junk just BECAUSE it was worn by a celebrity, I'm not sure I would go for that.

In your original post you said if the bag was "like new" and "reasonable price"... then i say.. why not!?!

the bag probably was just sitting around a bunch of other bags and the celebrity didn't need it anymore... if it's a good deal, i'd go for it!