"Gold" the hardest color to get !

Mira

O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Hi everyone,

What’s the hardest color to get? I was told that Gold is the most popular color and its hard to get , also bulejean ...
Is that True ?:confused1:

Also......

Imagine …if you walk to a Hermes boutique ; and that day you're so lucky the SA offered you a birkin bag ... which color most lucky it will be ???????????????:idea:

I would say that the most popular colors are black and gold. Raisin, blue jean and ebene are probably up there as well, I would imagine.

I would feel most lucky if I walked in to find a box or chevre birkin in any color.

A couple months ago when I started my search for a Gold I was told it was the hardest to get as well.... but, I've found that with persistence, anything is possible!!

Gold is definitely the hardest to get. It took me a long time to get one. I was offered or stumbled across.......black, brown, and the other colors. Based on what I have been told its because Gold is seasonless. Black is heavy in the summer especially in a 35cm where the gold is a lighter look. Also gold has the white stitching--its a very beautiful look.

Hi everyone,

What’s the hardest color to get? I was told that Gold is the most popular color and its hard to get , also bulejean ...
Is that True ?:confused1:

Also......

Imagine …if you walk to a Hermes boutique ; and that day you're so lucky the SA offered you a birkin bag ... which color most lucky it will be ???????????????:idea:

Vert Foncé!:drool:

i was told gold was the hardest to get and not to get my hopes high because it was slim to none that i would ever get it. my sa in ny told me that, but few weeks ago i was dealing with the situation where i became an owner of two gold bags. so one never knows.
thank goodness i was able to exchange one for chocolate.

I don't think Gold is the hardest to get....I have come across 2 in my search for another combi.

I think that finding the exact colour/leather/HW/Size in any H Bag will always be a small challenge in general.

There is a 30 cm gold birkin with PH right now in my H store ($8500.00). There was one a couple of weeks ago as well. There was a 40 cm gold birkin a few months ago... all are/were available on the floor.

When I asked my London SA, the answer was gold. When I asked my NY SA, the answer was black!

The answer probably depends on which store you ask; it's the demands of the local geographic market that decide which color is the most in-demand / the toughest to get one's hands on. (It also seems to depend on store 'policy' vis-a-vis its clientele. The most sought after colors are sometimes offered only to their 'best' clients.)