Theese people think my LV is a fake! lol

Whenever I carry my Damier Speedy to school on the days I don't have to carry much and don't feel like carrying my shoulder bag around.. atleast 1 person always asks me if my LV is real.. >.<

I guess I rather have them question it then just assume it's fake..

I hate fakes..

That's so true!

Hi Rich-and-drunk, never thought it's still that bad in eastern Germany. Here in the south it's the way round, every girl under 25 wears authentic LV right now, of course most of them Pochette or Speedy 25,30. But yeah, somestimes I get to see a real bad fake like you mentioned and most of the time they make me smile because they're soo bad. You ever saw a Speedy Mirror in matt?:roflmfao:

That's good... I have to confess that I love seeing fakes.... A friend of mine and I sometimes spend whole afternoons sitting downtown and talking about other peoples fakes.... We don't say it to them, but just for us.......
And there are some really hilarious pieces around.... especially from the cerises and cherry blossom line.....
but sometimes even the print is enough....... :crybaby:
And yes.... In eastern Germany people are not that used to see LV bags.... especially not on men..... :tdown: That's sad.....

Ohh nice .. I wonder if people think my neverfull from the murakami exhibit is fake too. A lot of people stare and i always wonder, if they think its fake! But whatever, i know its the real thing :smile:

Oh, I love the story with the clueless SA.
To answer some questions: My mom never told the girl that her bag was authentic, the girl understood my moms reaction. Unfortunately I hadn't a cam with me, her face went so pale but the BF of her was even more embaressed. And actually the whole outfit of my mom implies that her bag is authentic, or what else do you wear when you are 50+ and work in the art bussines.

And even If you work at petsmart! During my studies I worked for AP at a very classy department store. Most of the SA of this department store owne authentic LVs or Guccis!I mean if you are surrounded by Gucci, Fendi, LV, Chloe, MJ,... all day why to hell aren't you allowed to have one. They work really hard for their money so they can spend it on what they want even on authentic bags...

I totally get this. When I worked in retail at an upscale mall, I was so surprised to see my coworkers' bags! (It was my first retail job) There was this girl who only carries Chanel - Cabas, all the chain bags, vintage even her backpack! And then there was Coach Girl and Crazy For LV Girl and Crazy for LV Guy. They're not even the type of people who just want to be noticed, they just really are loyal to their brands and appreciate craftsmanship.

Anyway, kudos to your mom! Jeez I hope eventually in life I'd have enough grace and charm to handle a situation like that. I'm still pretty young (haha) so I might have just plainly told the girl that I am not carrying a fake and splashed my drink on her face. So classless but I abhor anything fake most especially it being associated with ME...but of course in real life I wouldn't even have enough courage to do it. Hahaha.

I noticed most people say these rude comments on the basis of ignorance. Is it better to just point it out politely that's it's not fake? (And possibly state the season, style name, year and price in the case of hardcore LV fans?) What is more irritating than being accused of carrying a fake bag? It's when you actually DON'T. So ANNOYING.

Ohh nice .. I wonder if people think my neverfull from the murakami exhibit is fake too. A lot of people stare and i always wonder, if they think its fake! But whatever, i know its the real thing :smile:

I have to admit, I'm little bit jealous the murakami neverful is so great!!! :girlsigh:

But I heard the exibition will move on to to Frankfurt/Germany and hopfully I will get there one too.

Alot of times when people make these comments are just plain JELOUS! Glad to hear you guys had a good laugh. What a good idea to buy her a drink, kind of like to splash it in their faces.

Why all the dissing of pochettes on this thread? :sad: I love my mono pochette. I use it every day in my bag as a cosmetic bag, and sometimes on its own. Yes, I have other more pricey LVs, including LEs, but I don't think that makes me more a better LV fan or anything. I don't think there's anything wrong with a pochette or a mono Speedy. They are classics!

I'd say... I'm dying to buy a Mono Speedy and Pochette!

But back on topic. OP, your mother is so classy! I love how she handled it. I think I would've flipped and made a snarky comment, but this is way better!
I always assume an LV is real before I can prove the opposite. I mean, since I've been on this forum I think I know quite something about LV, but I'm by no means an expert. I don't know all the styles and all the bags ever made.
And I really believe in if you can't think of anything nice to say, just say nothing. (Except if people carrying fakes or authentic bags are pretending if they're better than you, I can't stand that.)

Why all the dissing of pochettes on this thread? :sad: I love my mono pochette. I use it every day in my bag as a cosmetic bag, and sometimes on its own. Yes, I have other more pricey LVs, including LEs, but I don't think that makes me more a better LV fan or anything. I don't think there's anything wrong with a pochette or a mono Speedy. They are classics!

But back to the topic - I like how the OP's mother handled that situation. Very classy. I don't know why people would want to make a big scene like that calling out someone's bag. I'm not saying I don't occasionally look to see if a bag is real or fake, but I don't say anything about it! So tacky.

I don't think we're dissing the pochettes, Just merely commenting on how someone who buys one piece of Louis Vuitton, thinks she knows everything about the company. We all know we do it, But it goes back to benefit of the doubt. Unless it is a for sure fake, never assume.

I've had that occur a couple times where you get the "look"....A 17 year old with a keepall and 2 trunks, people assume they're fake. *shakes head*:shrugs: