My 60% Off Large Black Rive Gauche!

shazam

Jul 22, 2007
Here are some pics of my new Large Black Rive Gauche, which I was able to pick up for only $718! I lucked out by finding it at the semiannual sale of Saks Jandel (a local store that houses the Chevy Chase YSL boutique), where they had select items marked 50-80% off for one weekend. $718 was 60% off of the $1795 retail, so I am thrilled to have gotten such an incredible deal on such a fabulous bag, especially considering that it's Black versus the more seasonal colors you might expect to find marked down.

As other RG owners have mentioned, the leather is gorgeous on this bag and the detachable strap just adds a level of practicality to it. I haven't found getting in and out of it to be too cumbersome, either, although I prefer to just leave it unzipped and use the twist lock to keep the flap closed. It's slouchy, sophisticated and versatile and I am officially in love with it :love:.

I've attached some pictures and just wanted to note that the two-tone look in the second photo is only a trick of the light from the flash. I also included my Large Patent Tribute just for size comparison and did throw in a pic with my Large Downtown, too, although that one didn't turn out very well.

Attachments

• dsc01376.jpg
    dsc01376.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6,550
  • dsc01363.jpg
    dsc01363.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4,346
  • dsc01371.jpg
    dsc01371.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4,322
  • dsc01368.jpg
    dsc01368.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 177
  • dsc01391.jpg
    dsc01391.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,573
Here are some pics of my new Large Black Rive Gauche, which I was able to pick up for only $718! I lucked out by finding it at the semiannual sale of Saks Jandel (a local store that houses the Chevy Chase YSL boutique), where they had select items marked 50-80% off for one weekend. $718 was 60% off of the $1795 retail, so I am thrilled to have gotten such an incredible deal on such a fabulous bag, especially considering that it's Black versus the more seasonal colors you might expect to find marked down.

As other RG owners have mentioned, the leather is gorgeous on this bag and the detachable strap just adds a level of practicality to it. I haven't found getting in and out of it to be too cumbersome, either, although I prefer to just leave it unzipped and use the twist lock to keep the flap closed. It's slouchy, sophisticated and versatile and I am officially in love with it :love:.

I've attached some pictures and just wanted to note that the two-tone look in the second photo is only a trick of the light from the flash. I also included my Large Patent Tribute just for size comparison and did throw in a pic with my Large Downtown, too, although that one didn't turn out very well.

Where is this saks store locate? I can't seem to find on saks directory.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the kind words! I hadn't really tried out the RG in person previously, but when I saw it on the table I just gravitated right towards it. It's one of those bags that I can see myself using for years to come. Cosmopolitan, thanks for prompting me to post some pics and, spendalot, I hope you find your Medium!

Where is this Saks store locate? I can't seem to find on saks directory.

It's not a Saks Fifth Avenue, it's a completely separate store called Saks Jandel that's owned by a local DC family. They're in the DC area and house high-end boutiques in the stores like YSL and Valentino. If you go to ysl.com, you'll see information for the Chevy Chase boutique which is really within the Saks Jandel.

wow! your new bag is gorgeous but i'm especially loving that downtown... *drool* closeup pleaseee??

Thanks, valerieteo, I posted a few pics of my Vichy Downtown up in the Resource Thread but I copied one here which also shows my Vichy slingbacks. I've included the link, too, in case you wanted to check out the rest.

http://forum.purseblog.com/yves-sai...resource-post-photos-only-please-31632-7.html

attachment.php

I'm soooo jealous! :love: That is the ONE bag that I've been hunting for the past month (at sale price) but to no avail....the bag that occupied #1 priority position on must-get-list of sale bags. It didn't help that for the longest time I had thought Saks Jandel was a non-existent Saks location LOL......and when I finally found out that Saks Jandel was a whole 'nother dept. store in D.C., it was too late....the sale was over and everything was gone.

Enjoy this beauty! My favorite black bag right now :heart: