Best (leather) Teacher Tote?

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
I'm looking for a tote to hold files. I'm in no rush - just student teaching now and can handle all my stuff in a big binder but when I get my own classes I'll need to shuffle along a file per class (Spanish teacher - never get our own rooms :cursing:) which can be quite a load when each file contains 30+ test papers and assignments. Suggestions? I'd like it preferably to be all leather and of good quality so that it'd last a while - a nice, thick - strong leather. Open to suggestions of all kinds :yes:

Thanks loves :heart:

I have a coach briefcase that I've had for years. It has a shoulder strap and handle. It fits quite a lot and has "aged" nicely. At the time 8 years ago I got it for a little over 300, I have no idea how much they cost now.

70011_d1.jpg

I use this Coach men's: Style # 70011
You can add a pretty scarf or charms to femme it up.
The closest thing they currently carry is style # 5369 which looks almost identical but maybe a little shorter.

I'm looking for a tote to hold files. I'm in no rush - just student teaching now and can handle all my stuff in a big binder but when I get my own classes I'll need to shuffle along a file per class (Spanish teacher - never get our own rooms :cursing:) which can be quite a load when each file contains 30+ test papers and assignments. Suggestions? I'd like it preferably to be all leather and of good quality so that it'd last a while - a nice, thick - strong leather. Open to suggestions of all kinds :yes:

Thanks loves :heart:

I would like to know too! Keep the comments coming!
However one problem I had with thick strong leather is that it is damn heavy - it is already heavy without stuff - and then with all the papers and such it is even heavier....
I have been using a Lesportsac tote for a while and it has held up nicely.... but a leather one is also ideal

I would go with a Balenciaga work or weekender. I use a city for teaching, but my department is 99% paper free. I like my Bals because they are strong but light-weight -- the stuff I carry is heavy enough!

It isn't a tote - but how do you like the Gaza Satchel - the taupe should be on sale with free shipping with free shipping for $240. Here are some real life shots of it care of GUNG.

I think that it is a great bag for a teacher - really good quality - will hold stacks of files (with internal organization) and loads of outside pockets for pens etc.

Plus its super cool.

I would go with a Balenciaga work or weekender. I use a city for teaching, but my department is 99% paper free. I like my Bals because they are strong but light-weight -- the stuff I carry is heavy enough!

I have a city and Bbag leather is toooootally not durable enough to endure what I'd put it through. And I have a good and strong 05'er - but I know my bags limits. The bag'd get trashed.

If not leather, any other suggestions?

It isn't a tote - but how do you like the Gaza Satchel - the taupe should be on sale with free shipping with free shipping for $240. Here are some real life shots of it care of GUNG.

I think that it is a great bag for a teacher - really good quality - will hold stacks of files (with internal organization) and loads of outside pockets for pens etc.

Plus its super cool.

Wow this looks AWESOME!!! :tup: It doesn't look *that* big though... in the first model pic it does - but if you click the other colors it looks like it's way smaller :confused1:

Wow this looks AWESOME!!! :tup: It doesn't look *that* big though... in the first model pic it does - but if you click the other colors it looks like it's way smaller :confused1:

Ask GUNG about it... she used it for school for a while. I am sure it would be fine for you to PM her.

I have just seen this from Active Endeavors . - 17 ½” x 12 ½” high - canvas with leather bits & pretty lining. Based on previous experience - I am pretty sure that it is going to be super quality.
If you are interested - there is some talk in the deals and steals forum about codes (25% off) that work with it - although the site says that you can't use discounts with sale goods...