Milan store sucks

Maybe they have had thefts in the store. Maybe there was a cultural difference. Maybe his role is to intimidate, not to provide customer service. I'm sorry you had a bad experience there, but it sounds like they do have a policy and they either thought you blatantly disregarded it or they just didn't see the big deal in what happened? Don't let it get you down.;)

Sorry you had a bad experience. As far back as I can remember LV always had a no touch policy for items on display and should not be handled by customers without the assistance of a SA.:shrugs:

I need to clarify that I was in the Vittorio Emanuel II LV store. There is another one on/off of Montenapoleone (?). I am not aware of no touch policy. All the LV stores I've been to allowed me to touch whatever I can get my hands on. Perhaps it was a cultural thing but darn it that security guard was mean! Thanks for your comments, they gave me different perspective on this situation.

i had the same experience at the chanel in amsterdam. the thing is, the bags i was touching wasn't behind a counter.

generally, if something is behind a counter, i respect the space. but if its hanging off of an arm on the shoe display, then i feel that its fair game to look at and touch.

Sorry for your bad experience. I hope your DH was able to get the shoes at another LV. My city has 3 LVs and you are allowed to touch anything in all of the locations. I think it varies greatly by region, manager, etc.

Yep- I think it's pretty standard policy at European boutiques (particularly Italy) that you have to ask for them to bring something out. IMO the system is odd though- isn't the whole idea of display pieces used so prospective customers only maul one bag and the rest remain fresh?

so sorry about your experience, your DH did the right thing. im sure it's a cultural thingie, but IMO, if they don't want it to be touched, they should put it in a display case so that if a customer wants to see it, they have to ask for it, and they can politely decline the customer's request. i think thatit's rude to tell the customer not to touch anything when they're already touching it! personally, i'd be embarassed and somehow offended. thank god here in our local lv store i can touch anything i want and no one has stopped me yet.

I'm sorry you had to experience that. Like the others have said, I guess it's different policies for different countries. Glad it's not like that where I shop.