has anyone ordered lv from saks and the pkg went missing?

takeoutbox

Dec 21, 2006
i ordered a couple small items (an azure mini pouchette and a monogram shawl) and had it sent to a friend of a friend, and according to the fedex site that it was delivere 2 days ago and left by the front door. it was regular delivery therefore no signature was required. so now the pkg has gone missing, what can i do?

oy....contact the shipping company ASAP.If the house it was left at has a SIGNATURE ON FILE....u may be screwed out of your items.That allows them to leave packages on doorsteps without siggy.

Sorry to hear that. Have your friend asked his/her neighbor(s)? Sometimes, when it rains/snow/dark, there is chance that a nice neighbor would take the package in. When I lived in a townhouse, my neighbor and I used to do that but we usually left a note to let one another know, though. Hope your friend find the package soon.

i don't know, i don't think so? as i said it's a friend of a friend's and i'm kinda ommunicating through my friend, anyways, i don't know what to do, i called fedex, they said they will try to put a trace on it.... i'm so upset:cry::cry::cry::cry:

i thought regular ground shipping is not signature required? i feel so lost. tks ladies for your replies. i will wait till tomorrow to hear from fedex, and my SA already contacted me, so hopefully we will sort this out, somehow.

i don't know, i don't think so? as i said it's a friend of a friend's and i'm kinda ommunicating through my friend, anyways, i don't know what to do, i called fedex, they said they will try to put a trace on it.... i'm so upset:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am sure it will be just fine. You probably will have to file some paperwork and wait. But I am positive it will be fine.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about this happened to you....but Saks is great on following up and I'm sure thing will turn out fine at the end. You can always have them xfer directly to SAKs and pick it up yourself :flowers:

i thought regular ground shipping is not signature required? i feel so lost. tks ladies for your replies. i will wait till tomorrow to hear from fedex, and my SA already contacted me, so hopefully we will sort this out, somehow.

takeoutbox.....don't worry, Saks is absolutely responsible, not you. They shipped the item and have the responsibility to insure it. I have run into this problem myself.....if I remember correctly the dollar amount has to be pretty high before Saks does sig. required on their shipments.

I had this happen before. I let the store know I didn't receive the package and they were 100% responsible. The entire amount was immediately credited to my account and I went in - in person - to buy my items. I had specifically told them signature required and that I didn't want it left, and someone left it anyway. I imagine it was stolen.

In any case, unless you specifically told them no signature was required, they are 100% liable and you are entitled to either the items, shipped correctly with signature required this time, or the money credited back to your card.

I would raise a stink right away (nicely to start) and let them know you want an immediate credit. I had a credit within 30 minutes of my call.

oy....contact the shipping company ASAP.If the house it was left at has a SIGNATURE ON FILE....u may be screwed out of your items.That allows them to leave packages on doorsteps without siggy.

The shipping company will not do anything for the receiver in the case of a missing item - The shipper has to contact the carrier.

You need to go to the store immediately and speak with a supervisor.