<Tod's nylon bags>: I ordered one similar to the Sienna Miller ads

May 23, 2006
I wanted a non-leather bag for bad weather and travel--something that could get rained on, snowed on, shoved under airplane seats, etc.--so today I ordered one of those Tod's "Pashmy" nylon bags that became popular last year. It's black nylon with black patent leather trim and burgundy lining. Got it from Bluefly at a good discount, for around $660, marked down from about $900. That’s still a lot for a nylon bag, but I wanted to upgrade from the Longchamps bag that I had been using for bad weather. And I think the price is less than many Prada nylon bags, lol!!!

I’ll post IRL pics when I receive it. In the meantime, here's some more pics--of different bag styles and celebs carrying them--and other info. pasted below. What does everyone think???

attachment.php

(this lining pic from eBay)
attachment.php

(“modeling” pics of a different color bag from NM)
attachment.php
attachment.php

(Sienna has the large bag--three zippers on front--but I’m getting the medium. Plus hers had exotic trim!)
attachment.php

Attachments

• Tod's medium Roxy bag.JPG
    Tod's medium Roxy bag.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 3,028
  • Tod's lining.jpg
    Tod's lining.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,597
  • Tod's modeling pic.jpg
    Tod's modeling pic.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3,199
  • Tod's  modeling pic2.JPG
    Tod's modeling pic2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 3,028
  • Tod's Sienna Miller ad.jpg
    Tod's Sienna Miller ad.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,052
TOD'S SEES PROFITS CLIMB 18.5%

(Women's Wear Daily September 13, 2007)

MILAN - Tod's posted double-digit profit growth in the first half on a lower cost base and accelerating sales momentum for its handbags and shoes. … Tod's chairman and chief executive Diego Della Valle said the "strong success" of the Tod's fabric Pashmy bag and the debut of newly tapped creative director Derek Lam's first Tod's collection for fall 2007 make him optimistic about the future.

(Pics from Tods.com, eLuxury, Saks, Neimans. Click to enlarge.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hobos.jpg
    Hobos.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,591
  • New Totes.jpg
    New Totes.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,502
  • Messengers.jpg
    Messengers.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2,759
  • Shoulder Bags.jpg
    Shoulder Bags.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3,139
You are going to love this bag! I have the Messenger in grey and I got it for the same exact reasons you listed above. I own a home in Ireland and it rains a lot there, I hate to take my leather bags out in that weather. I just carried it while flying and my 2yr old spilled his orange juice on it in the plane and guess what? It just rolled right off!!!!! DH was happy since I had just purchaed it in Dublin not a week earlier.

Here is my Pashmy
96815548_o.jpg

You are going to love this bag! I have the Messenger in grey and I got it for the same exact reasons you listed above. I own a home in Ireland and it rains a lot there, I hate to take my leather bags out in that weather. I just carried it while flying and my 2yr old spilled his orange juice on it in the plane and guess what? It just rolled right off!!!!! DH was happy since I had just purchaed it in Dublin not a week earlier.

Here is my Pashmy
96815548_o.jpg

^^^LT bag lady, I love your Messenger! I saw a pic of it in another thread and it helped convince me to get mine.

Funny how nylon bags can be so chic, huh? Did you notice that tods.com posted many new spring bags yesterday????

BlueFly claims these are made of "waterproofed" nylon; do you know if that's true?

I had been considering getting the larger size tote--w/ 3 zippers on front, similar to Sienna's--but that seemed huge, about 18-20" wide. Hope I made the right decision...

I LOVE that bag. I think it's WAY nicer than any prada nylon bag, and to me, it looks sturdier and more aesthetically pleasing (handles, etc). I wish I could afford one right now, but I really do think it's a great bag.

Bluefly claims these are made of "waterproofed" nylon; do you know if that's true?

I had been considering getting the larger size tote--w/ 3 zippers on front, similar to Sienna's--but that seemed huge, about 18-20" wide. Hope I made the right decision...

My son spilled orange juice on mine and it rolled right off!! The messenger is great because I can wear across my body while I chase after my 2 yr old.

Please post pictures when you get yours, GREAT price BTW!!! I was in Bergdorfs and TOD'S this past Saturday and they both had them, but not on sale. I want them all!!!:yahoo:DH might have me committed.

Cheers,
user_online.gif