Power seller sold me a defective LV bag! Need help!!

Lee69! You are so smart!!!!!!! You're right!!! Seller is ebout*que !!!
LOL, thank you. I virtually "live" in LV ebay. I recall a member having trouble with her a while back, it was a deposit for the LV Fringe Speedy which the seller refused to return the deposit etc (cannot seems to find that thread).....Anyway, hope you can get ALL you $$ back.

Hi All, I bought a LV gold miroir papillon from an eBay power seller. It is supposed to be a new, never carried bag. When I received it, I found scuffs marks in several places!!! Also there are missing paint on the side of the straps in 3 areas!!!!! The worse part is even 7.5 inches long!!!!! And the ultimate nightmare is, I also found a punch hole on the leather tag inside the bag!!!!!!!!!!

Does any know if there is any meaning behind?? I've already posted a thread under eBay Forum, and I was asked to post a new thread in LV Forum to see if I can get more advice. I was told by other memebers that it is in fact a punch which designates that the handbag was purchased by an employee of Louis Vuitton and should have not been re-sold.

The punch hole is next to the word "PARIS". It looks like an "@" written with a pen or something. But it is not. The leather has actually been punched through. It was done with some kind of tools...

Seller said there was no punch hole nor missing paint when she sent it and she even blamed all the problems on Customs. NO WAY!!!

Enclosed are the paint loss and punch hole photos, can anyone give me some advice? Thank you!!!

D1.jpg

D5.jpg

to me it also looks like a bag sold to an employee...perhaps due to the paint chipping, they couldn't sell it on the floor. i would dispute this sale, imo. unless you got it at a really good price and can live with it. personally, it would piss me off (the chipping, not the punch whole).

Yeah the punch hole means it was sold to an employee, this is probably because of the missing paint. The seller is definitely lying, you should definitely file a dispute unless you can live with it.

ITA. File a claim through Paypal now and good luck. Keep us posted.

Is the seller eb*ut*qu*? :s It's against ebay rules to trade outside of ebay, hope you've kept all the correspondence between yourselves and report it to ebay while making a claim to Paypal at the same time.

How you knew it was her? Is she an LV employee? I always wondered where she gets all these linited and new LV bags because I also live in Philadelphia and there's only 1 boutique close wich is KOP and a little one at Saks. :confused1:

Just saw that she is not only a power seller, but a mypoupette one as well. :lol:

To the OP: I hope you get all of your money back. Paypal can be extremely difficult to deal with when the transaction in question has taken place offline, but even so, I urge you to keep at it and bug the pickles out of them until they give you your cash back. :yes:

7.5 inch scratch on a NWT bag? Thats scandalous!:tdown:

"I said I'd like to buy through eBay. I also had few more questions for her by that time, but everytime when she replied, she never answered all of my questions, always missing something and replies were very very slow. Well, she finally said "YES I can bid" after I asked her 3 TIMES!!! However, auction were never relisted so I chased again. She said, "Oh sorry I just realized it is not listed..is it possible for me to send you an invoice thru paypal for it? Your protection is thru paypal anyway and this way we can save on the ebay fees... every bit helps since we are reducing it for you...""

She broke the rules by offering to sell outside of eBay, and she is well aware of that ("save money on fees"=circumvention of fees). Forward that message immediately to eBay.

Go to this link to report the seller -when you get to the page scroll down to where it says "additional information." Click on that and a few links will come up that will allow you to report the seller:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

Note... I am pretty sure I have seen this same seller suspended, albeit temporarily, from eBay in the past. I too look up limited edition Vuitton items often and almost 100% on that.

Even if it was sold to an employee and that employee is the ebay power seller you were dealing with, why would they lie and blame customs? Did you ask the seller how they came to acquire the bag? I'm wondering if they were the LV employee or not.

The seller probably got the bag at a consignment store. It's possible that the employee gave this bag as a gift to someone and then the person resold it.

In all companies employee are not suppose to buy to resell. If the person that receive the bag as a gift from the employee decide to resell it the employee is not responsible.