Power seller sold me a defective LV bag! Need help!!

Ok, this is a suggestion. Ask her for the LV receipt of the bag and were she purshased it. I know you can verify in the boutique with her name and costumer #. But there's also the chance that she also bought a good one. I think she either is an employee or a family member of one. Because like I said before she have way too much new bags and get the limited ones first than anyone in the Philadelphia area.

This is a tough call. eBoutique is a reputable seller on eBay for a long time. She never had any issues (I'm not aware of any) and by chance a member with 7 posting is complaining about her (in 2 different thread). Come on guys, eBoutique has a public reputation, if this seller was selling items not as described we would have known it by now. Just my 2 cents.

I can only see one gold miroir pap which sold recently, and that def has no hole is the tag.

Can you post the pics posted in the original auction? I'm guessing there would have been a pic of the tag? Personally, hole in the tag wouldn't bother me, as it's defo a staff bag. The paint missing from the handle DEFINATELY would bother me though.

How did you pay? If with paypal, then you need to file a Significantly Not as Described dispute.

Good luck!

K

According to the eBay link provided by OP from another thread, I think it's weird that the seller didn't disclose the "made in....." tag on her eBay listing. I've seen several eBay sellers always provide photos of the "made in ...." tags, and the date code tabs to prove the authenticity of their bags.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110202534370

I agree with geniepr, you should ask for a receipt from that seller, then call LV boutique to verify her purchase.

Best of luck.

Sorry, I only just found the other thread.

*I* think it's odd that the seller didnt picture the tag. We're not saying the bag isn't genuine, but that punch *is* to show the bag was sold to a member of staff.

For a seller to sell such huge amounts of LV, then I don't see how they wouldn't know that?

I think I'd stop emailing the seller and open a SNAD dispute. Like I said previously, the hole punch wouldn't concern me, but the damage to the bag would.

Actually, was this an off ebay transaction? Was an ebay invoice ever sent? If it was, then no worries, but if there is no record of the sale on ebay, then you may have some problems.

Good luck

K

This is a tough call. eBoutique is a reputable seller on eBay for a long time. She never had any issues (I'm not aware of any) and by chance a member with 7 posting is complaining about her (in 2 different thread). Come on guys, eBoutique has a public reputation, if this seller was selling items not as described we would have known it by now. Just my 2 cents.

Here's all her negative/neutral feedback
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=eboutique&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

Also here's the item
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110202534370

Even when the OP is new, we always try to help the way we can. And is strange that the seller did not provided a picture of the heat stamp, when you can see them in all her other listings.

I too find it strange that there was no heatstamp pic. Why would an experienced seller NOT post pics of the interior tag? I think its because the seller knew they weren't supposed to resell it. I believe Vuitton employees sign on something agreeing not to resell the item, right on the receipt. Had she showed a pic with the punchhole it's likely someone from VERO would have either pulled the listing or reported her to Vuitton in some manner.

I read somewhere in this forum and the eBay forum that a puncholed-tag bag no longer carries the same guarantees/warranties as a regular no-punchhole item. Correct? This would make me sooooo mad, to pay top money and get a defective thing especially from a seller who should know better.

i'm so sorry to you about this matter. I was go through dispute with paypal almost the same sittuation with you which is out side of ebay. The seller sent me wrong bag with a defective (i think she want to scam me!!:sad: ) i file dispute with paypal right away, i provide all emails between the seller and i and every thing.....quote]

Hi love CC! Thanks a lot for sharing your case with me!! Glad to hear that you have got your money back!! Unfortunately ebo*tique didn't allow me to pay by credit card, so like you said, PayPal is unlikely to help me... Very true, I now learn an expensive lesson...

i'm so sorry to you about this matter. I was go through dispute with paypal almost the same sittuation with you which is out side of ebay. The seller sent me wrong bag with a defective (i think she want to scam me!!:sad: ) i file dispute with paypal right away, i provide all emails between the seller and i and every thing.....

Hi love CC! Thanks a lot for sharing your case with me!! Glad to hear that you have got your money back!! Unfortunately ebo*tique didn't allow me to pay by credit card, so like you said, PayPal is unlikely to help me... Very true, I now learn an expensive lesson...

Originally Posted by Sensalicious

My friend suggested me to come to this Forum to seek for help and suggestion. I started with a thread under eBay Forum then a member suggested me to post the pics to Louis Vuitton thread as well. I did but don't know why it has been moved to the eBay Forum.

So new memeber posting threads for help is considered to be suspicious?!?!?! Newbies can't be a victim?!?!?! I didn't buy from her through eBay, didn't pay by credit card, she knows it is hard for me to win this case with paypal. She has already earned tons of money by selling a defective bag to me, she is already the winner. Why do you think I'm here if not seeking for help?!?!

Do you think by telling my case here will make her business shut down?!?! No matter what I've said about ebo*tique here, it wouldn't affect her business at all!! Many people out there should be more than happy to buy from her because of her "splendid" feedbacks. Looks like you are one of them and I wish you good luck!

My friend suggested me to come to this Forum to seek for help and suggestion. I started with a thread under eBay Forum then a member suggested me to post the pics to Louis Vuitton thread as well. I did but don't know why it has been moved to the eBay Forum.

So new memeber posting threads for help is considered to be suspicious?!?!?! Newbies can't be a victim?!?!?! I didn't buy from her through eBay, didn't pay by credit card, she knows it is hard for me to win this case with paypal. She has already earned tons of money by selling a defective bag to me, she is already the winner. Why do you think I'm here if not seeking for help?!?!

Do you think by telling my case here will make her business shut down?!?! No matter what I've said about ebo*tique here, it wouldn't affect her business at all!! Many people out there should be more than happy to buy from her because of her "splendid" feedbacks. Looks like you are one of them and I wish you good luck!

Don't give up!! How did you pay? Maybe you can reclaim all or part of your money via another avenue.

It's kind of suspicious that she didn't take a pic of the heat stamp for that auction, or disclose the damage to the bag. Seems as though she knew that if she did she may have a problem selling it.

I'm so sorry you got deceived about the real condition of this bag!

I understand your frustration. I believe this seller lied about the condition of the bag. The seller took advantage of you and is now trying to manipulate the whole situation. File a Paypal claim. I hope there is a way to get your money back. Don't give up.