i am so shocked

summer 71

O.G.
Aug 9, 2007
i took my brand new embossed leather satchel which i bought at the last pce out today and decided to wear with a brown outfit. i was shocked to see that the leather at one side of the bag is crimpled. i dont know why it happened.i really baby my bags and since it was brand new purchase it was still in the box it came in.do u think it will get softer with time and use and the wrinkles will go away or do u think i should exchange?

I returned a brown flap satchel and a parchment flap satchel, and purchased the medium carryall at the outlet. I probably looked at 18-19 of them before I selected one. What I noticed on these bags is that there were widely varying grains on the leather, and on the brown ones, some of the panels didn't match in color. I love this bag, but it just didn't seem that the appropriate amount of care went into making them. I would return it and try to get one that you're happy with.

yeah, definitely exchange it. That's so annoying :sad: I think i've seen a bag or two like that but with regular leather... for embossed leather to be crinkled, that's like a defect, right? Or maybe from shipment to the store?
Do you think you could put a pic up? i would appreciate seeing what the leather looks like so in the future i dont end up buying a bag & not realizing it's like that. Put pics up of the new one too ;) That's suuuch a cute bag!