Anyone else get hated on for wearing makeup?

I admit that I'm dependent on my make-up (foundation + concealer) and rarely do I leave house without having it on. I used to have a BAD acne problem and still have lots of scars. Also, my skin is very sensitive, so it gets red very easily!! I've never gotten any comments about me wearing make-up but even if I did, I would NOT care! You shouldn't care what other people think, either! :smile:

Wow. I've always worn makeup and have never received a comment. I don't look bad at all without it, but I believe in always looking your best. There is nothing like a little mascara and lip gloss to brighten up a face. I never knew it was a bad thing.:shrugs:

I've always figured that if other people could tell I had on a face-full of makeup I'd done something wrong! I was taught that makeup should enhance your natural features and not look like paint, so I'm not sure anyone could tell exactly how much makeup I was wearing. Sure, you can tell someone has on mascara or lip gloss, but unless it is a specific evening look I figure other people shouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing much more, even if I am.

Yeah, it all started with my mom watching....well staring at me...while I get ready. Then I went to college and my roommate would just make those innocent comments while I do my makeup. Just stuff like wow look at all that makeup (I have a HUGE case from Sephora that I keep all my stuff in and I only use about 20% of it lol)! And I'm always that girl that has the eyeliner sharpener handy or the blotting sheets right there lol. People have never said I don't look natural or like I do without makeup, I think they just don't understand the passion lol.

sometimes I'll get teased for putting on makeup for making a quick run to the grocery store or to the bank..........but I swear.......the day I go out without any makeup on is the day I'll run into an old boyfriend or old classmate, etc..........my mom always says that you should try to look decent at all times cuz you never know who you're gonna run into.......lol

sometimes I'll get teased for putting on makeup for making a quick run to the grocery store or to the bank..........but I swear.......the day I go out without any makeup on is the day I'll run into an old boyfriend or old classmate, etc..........my mom always says that you should try to look decent at all times cuz you never know who you're gonna run into.......lol

My point EXACTLY! I always try and look presentable for that matter as well. Good point!

hmmmm.....I've been wearing makeup since I was about 16, and I'm now 48.
Can't say I've ever had anyone say anything about me wearing it - except for a few
compliments about how I did my eyes. I don't leave the house without it, either.

I've been teased for not being able to leave without at least putting on powder or mineral veil and mascara to run a simple errand. I feel naked if I don't at least have that on! I also have very oily skin, so I'm very self-conscious of how my skin looks without anything on. Oh yes, and I must always have lipstick on. I have no idea why, but I do.

Yeah! A couple of friends and I were having dinner and then my friend's girlfriend goes, "Yeah, I don't like people that wear make-up" and I'm sitting right there with my make up on!

I think having make up on makes me look more put together on at work.

I've been teased for not being able to leave without at least putting on powder or mineral veil and mascara to run a simple errand. I feel naked if I don't at least have that on! I also have very oily skin, so I'm very self-conscious of how my skin looks without anything on. Oh yes, and I must always have lipstick on. I have no idea why, but I do.

I feel you on that. I have for the most part, clear skin. But I get really oily and I'll also get the occasional pimple. When I do get that occasional pimple. IT'S HUGE. Hence another reason to love makeup :P

Your mom is very wise!! I love makeup - However, I don't always put on a full face when I leave the house :shame:... although, I always have on mascara and lipgloss (chanel sparkle, is my current favorite) just so I look somewhat pulled together.

I wear full makeup everyday and LOVE it. I really don't care what people say about it. My husband loves the way I look, with or without makeup, and always tells me he appreciates how I always want to look good. Makeup is art; you can reinvent yourself everyday. How much fun is that?

Don't care about the haters!! If it looks good and you like it, just wear it! Lots of people make fun of me because I'm always very anal about my make-up and hair. I carry around a hairbrush and an eyelash curler everywhere I go! They like it though, b/c it's part of me, but they still laugh whenever I pull out a lipgloss or a compact mirror or something like that out of my purse.

ETA: I agree with SpoiledKiwi that there's a difference between people who pile on makeup because their skin is terrible and they need it, and people who just love experimenting with different colors/trends. I once had a friend who had terrible skin, and she used to pile loads of foundation on her face. The foundation was also darker than her original skin, so she actually had a line of the color difference on her chin... she also used to put about 10 till 20 layers of mascara on :wtf: She would wipe it off once a week and put on new. She always looked horrible!

I love make-up. I dont think its right for anyone to hate on you for wearing make-up. Thats ridiculous... thats like hating on someone for brushing their hair or painting their nails. Im not addicted to make-up but I love the look. I like to look like I care about how I am presented to the world.