Anyone else get hated on for wearing makeup?

I've always figured that if other people could tell I had on a face-full of makeup I'd done something wrong! I was taught that makeup should enhance your natural features and not look like paint, so I'm not sure anyone could tell exactly how much makeup I was wearing. Sure, you can tell someone has on mascara or lip gloss, but unless it is a specific evening look I figure other people shouldn't be able to tell I'm wearing much more, even if I am.

Same here! Whenever I try to wear more makeup than that, I feel like a clown and like I look fake and have to take it off. I just can't do it. :tdown:

I think I wear more makeup than the average corporate woman but it's not a whole lot. Like tmc, I love to experiment and wished I was a makeup artist b/c it's an art. I have to wear makeup b/c I have pigmentation from old acne scars and foundation/concealer/powder does the trick. i never leave the house unless i have at least that and brow powder. Everyday, i wear everything. I have learned to tone down the lip color since i really love eyeshadows. whenever i'm at sephora, i'm like a kid in a candy store. I clip coupons from the Sunday paper to try every new mascara, etc.
If you're interested in trying out as a makeup artist, have you considered working part time at the cosmetics counter? You kinda have to work yourself up to that position since it's a coveted area in retail but i volunteered at a local theatre so i got to try my hand at it with the actors. A makeup artist recommended i volunteer first. Do you have a traincase full of makeup too?