Ninama's goodies

ninama

O.G.
Jan 6, 2008
I guess you have to start somewhere and I don't have a lot, so I'll submit my most unusual purse - an un-PC, vintage jaw-dropper that's only left the house twice.

Attachments

• catbag.jpg
    catbag.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 144
I love exotic (but legal) materials. Of these three, only the red one is contemporary. It's a weensy go-bag, 5.5" x 7.5" with a long 'disco' strap. I like the covered snaps - nice touch!

Attachments

• gators3.jpg
    gators3.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 78
  • crocred.jpg
    crocred.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 69
  • crocredtag.jpg
    crocredtag.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 72
A little Anya Hindmarch peau de soie evening bag with crystal baubles and leather lining. I don't even know why I have this.. I never use it.

Attachments

• anya.jpg
    anya.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 63
  • anyalabel.jpg
    anyalabel.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 56
Leopard fur muff bag. NOT for toting your muff around ;) but for warming your hands. Carry small essentials in the reverse side, which is velvet. About 10" x 12". Vintage, obviously!

Attachments

• catmuffbag.jpg
    catmuffbag.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 68
  • catmuffzip.jpg
    catmuffzip.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 58
Did u ever get any comments from people when wearing the first bag in public? Just wondering ~ I can imagine that people would have mixed reactions upon seeing a bag like that. It is truly unique; I've never seen such a bag, to be honest. You said it's vintage; do you know from when/who made it? I am honestly blown away by it. I want to know its history, lol. Kudos for finding it, carrying it, AND posting for us to see!! :smile:

Thank you. I know that purses are taken very seriously here... I'm pleased that my finds are at least interesting! I don't have any new, high-end purses but would love to have a Lana Marks or an Asprey someday...

Ash - I haven't had any confrontations. I'm in L.A. ... I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't think anyone really believes their eyes when they see it. My estimate on the vintage is 60s to early 70s, just based on the style. The label is foreign (Korean? I don't know.), so I can't read it, but the two zipper pulls are KKK (just to pile on the political incorrectness!) and Three Star, respectively.

Here's a photo of the label... if anyone can translate, that would we great.

Attachments

• catbaglabel.jpg
    catbaglabel.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 66
Really pretty Victorian beaded bag. The background color is a deep espresso brown and it's lined with brown silk and cotton.

I photographed it two years ago to sell it online... it never sold and now I can't find it!

Attachments

• beadbagA.jpg
    beadbagA.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 57
  • beadbagB.jpg
    beadbagB.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 56
  • beadbagC.jpg
    beadbagC.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 55
I think your collection is very unique and interesting, but I feel so sorry for the poor kitty being a cat lover. :sad: I felt like crying when I saw the first bag. :crybaby:

I have no problem with croc, snake, and leathers, and I love beautiful bags in general but it's just hard to see the shape of the face so clearly without feeling a twinge of sadness. It is definitely a collectors piece for those that appreciate that sort of exotic bag.

I'm a kitty lover, too... I have a Siamese and a Calico! A leopard is "prettier" than an alligator (to some), but I believe they're perfectly equal as God's creatures (and they'd both gnaw my head off, given the opportunity).

The purse is definitely a collectors item and I've given it a home, removing it from commercial circulation. My mother did that with taxidermy, which is how I ended up with a full-mount cougar in my bedroom.