Have been lusting over a...........

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
medium Balloon bag by MARNI for ages - okay so I tried a few on here where I live and was convinced I had to get one (despite holiday bills) I wanted the dark purple one, which is sold out everywhere - found one in the Marni boutique on Mercer in NYC. They are sending me one ( no taxes, hooray!!) Can't wait to get it-if the color doesn't work for me, I can exchange for black (it's pantent leather of course). I am in 7th heaven right now!!! I've got the rush!!!

Attachments

• Marni.jpg
    Marni.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 101
Congratulations! I have wanted a Marni bag forever! Is the dark purple patent leather? Either way, I'd love it!
Yes it is, the Marni patent leather is so awesome, as I'm sure you know - I am surprised I don't see more about this amazing Italian designer in TPF. The girls in the boutique in NY are sweet and helpful - Anya and Ursula - I can supply phone nimber if anyone is interested. One of the girls took these and some other photos on her blackberry and emailed them to me - the colors in the photos are not so great but I called the Marni Boutique at Bergdorf's and Saks, they didn't have the purple but said it was a gorgeous color. I can exchange it if it doesn't work for me - but I'm optimistic (for once)!!

I am surprised I don't see more about this amazing Italian designer in TPF.

I remember seeing a lovely Marni bag a while back in the Purse Blog section where Megs reviews new bags. That was my introduction to the label and I have been admiring them ever since. I don't read too much about them here either, but I often see them pictured in fashion magazine.

Congratulations on your new bag! I know you must be beside yourself waiting for the FedEX man!;)