Passport Photograph Question ....

queenvictoria2

psalm 25:4
O.G.
Sep 18, 2006
My daughter is applying for a passport and needs 2 photographs, but the application says you cannot use snapshots OR professional photos SOOO just what kind of pictures ARE you supposed to use???
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't have a passport as I never go anywhere - LOL!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

My daughter is applying for a passport and needs 2 photographs, but the application says you cannot use snapshots OR professional photos SOOO just what kind of pictures ARE you supposed to use???
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't have a passport as I never go anywhere - LOL!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

I had my pictures done at CVS or Walgreens - they will take passport pix for you.
I forget how much it was but it was fairly inexpensive. They end up as these little square photos that fit the passports.

exactly, most drugstores or camera stores, or kinkos, can take the pictures for you and they know all the rules about sizes and background colors and so forth. it's quick and easy.

From the travel.state.gov website:

Your photographs must be:
  • 2x2 inches in size
  • Identical
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • Color
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire
    • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
    • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
    • If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture.
    • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
I know you can use digital photos now, but with the requirements being so stringent you probably would be better off getting them done. WALGREENS does passport photos, their website lists them as being $7.99.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/promotion/passport05

^^^
Great response above, but I didn't have a problem using my own digital photos for a passport... there's no difference, really, as long as you get it right!

You can also apply for a passport at your local USPS. They can also take your pictures for an additional $15 so I guess it's cheaper if you go to Walgreen's.

That is not a dumb question, as when i went to get my passport I was wondering the same thing.

Many drugstores (or even places near City Hall depending on where you live) offer passport photos.

I got mine done at the local drug store and I think it was only $5. I was told that for the pic you're not allowed to smile and you have to show your ears :confused1:

I got the same instructions for my passport photo and I look awful. :Push:

I recommend that you just go to Walgreens or a photo shop. They take these photos all the time so they know what's acceptable for a passport photo.