I learned an expensive lesson...

OneShinyface

Love, Peace, Purses
O.G.
May 18, 2007
I learned to never bid on an ebay auction item AND do a BIN at the same time because you just might win the auction too.

Here's what happened. After kicking myself for not buying any of the Ruby Patent Tote while doing my holiday shopping, I decided I MUST have one to match my wristlet and miny skinny, and used ebay since every store that had them before Christmas was now sold out.

I just knew I'd be outbid on the first bag.

I now have 2 Ruby Patent Totes in route to my house.:hysteric:

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

11500_d1.jpg

Mods: I understand if this has to be moved to the Shopping thread.

Hi - Not Coach but I bought an LV Globe last yr and it took 5 plus weeks to get here from Germany. I figured it was stolen. So I ordered one from karen Kooper. Now I have 2 of them (and they were alot more expensive than the ruby bag).

I would turn around and list one after you get them both and pick the better one for yourself.

I have the ruby myself...

Oh no! That totally sounds like something I would do :sweatdrop:

Are they new with tags? You could always return one to the Coach store and get a store credit...unless that's dishonest. :shrugs:

Well to a lot of people on here it is. I personally wouldn't do that although thankfully I've never had to even worry about it. I've only double-won once on EBay (a Pokemon item for my son for Christmas a couple of years back). I relisted the second item and sold it for more than what I paid for it because I made sure to include more than one picture, etc.

Well to a lot of people on here it is. I personally wouldn't do that although thankfully I've never had to even worry about it. I've only double-won once on EBay (a Pokemon item for my son for Christmas a couple of years back). I relisted the second item and sold it for more than what I paid for it because I made sure to include more than one picture, etc.

You're right :yes: Re-selling it on eBay is definitely the way to go.

Silly me! :shame:

Oh no! That totally sounds like something I would do :sweatdrop:

Are they new with tags? You could always return one to the Coach store and get a store credit...unless that's dishonest. :shrugs:
Yes, that's dishonest. Unless, when attempting to return it, the person disclosed to the Coach SA that it was purchased on eBay.

Yes, that's dishonest. Unless, when attempting to return it, the person disclosed to the Coach SA that it was purchased on eBay.

Oh, of course! I would tell the SA in advance that it was purchased on eBay and if they said I couldn't return it, no big deal.

I feel so silly now:Push:

^Nah, don't feel silly! I have a feeling that there are a lot of people who buy on eBay and return to Coach saying they got it as a gift (or whatever). A lot of people figure that if they're getting merchandise credit for their return and the store will most likely sell it for the same amount as the credit they are receiving that it's all the same. I don't see it that way but everyone is entitled to think what they want, you know?

I could never, ever do anything that dishonest. I can't believe people would really do that. Don't they understand that they will ultimately make it difficult for those of us who would make legimate and honest returns when necessary?

I've never sold anything on ebay, but I guess this will have to be my first foray into ebay selling.

I'm kinda scared.:sweatdrop:

I could never, ever do anything that dishonest. I can't believe people would really do that. Don't they understand that they will ultimately make it difficult for those of us who would make legimate and honest returns when necessary?

I've never sold anything on ebay, but I guess this will have to be my first foray into ebay selling.

I'm sorry for mentioning it! :sad: I mean I would tell the SA that it was an eBay purchase because I couldn't lie to them about it...I think that's the dishonest part.

eBay selling isn't scary! You'll do just fine, and since it was such a hot bag for the holiday season, i'm sure it'll be snatched up in no time! :tup:

I was totally scared the first time I sold anything on ebay, but since then I've had sooo much fun doing it (and made some $!) Just make sure you give a detailed description and several photos, specify your policy clearly, etc. I'm sure those of us who've sold before would be happy to give you more tips if you like! Good luck!

hi ,

if this happened to me, i would resell one on e-bay .
i almost bought this bag too - luckily, i managed to restrain myself... and eventually got the ruby patent tote as a gift for christmas from hubby!
hope you enjoy your bag!

I was just over reading the ebay selling tips on the main page...and yes, if anyone would like to share more tips, good vibes and encouragement on selling the extra one, that would be most appreciated.

They're both NWT. I can't wait to get them. I can't believe I didn't buy the one two weeks ago when they were at almost ever department store I entered.

My new motto: When in doubt, buy it!