SCARF owners... need YOUR help! Please post pics of your tags!

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
I am on a quest to find out which sewn tags are accurate... my own Burberry scarves have been purchased from Holt Renfrew so I have never seen IRL the scarves that tPFers purchase from other high-end department stores and Burberry outlets.

I am very interested in looking at the stitching color and whether your scarf has that extra piece on the right side of the sewn tag.

I would really appreciate it if you could post a nice closeup pic of the tag on your scarf and mention where it was purchased. PLEASE watermark your pics.

Maybe this thread can help others figure out what to avoid on eBay. :yes:

I thank you in advance! :heart:

Thanks guys! I also need to post a bunch of mine too. :P

I am planning to start a stickied locked thread on authentication in 2008 - scarves, bags, etc. and will start with the scarves, the bags are going to be a lot of work (not that the scarves are not already :lol:) and the thread will be a work in progress. :yes:

Keep the pics and info coming on this thread. :tup:

Hi everyone! I recently went to Sydney, Australia in mid-Nov and bought my scarf from a Burberry store in the duty free DFS Galleria mall. I was in Holt today and didn't see any cashmere scarves left so I wonder what the tags look like. I hope people don't think mine is fake since it's blue and not beige! :confused1:

Attachments

• Burberry 1-1.JPG
    Burberry 1-1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 37,283
Here's a few of mine

Pink scarf was from Burberry Store in Sydney. DH bought it as a gift for me

Black scarf was from Saks 5th Avenue (from another boardie)

HTH

PS: i think i have a baby blue one that has a black tag (not sure), but i need to find it

Attachments

• tag1.jpg
    tag1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 37,614
  • tag2.jpg
    tag2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 40,334