Need advice w/Burberry Quilted Jacket

ssangit

Only a plane away!
O.G.
Dec 3, 2006
I'm really loving this new color jacket but the color is quite unique. What do you guys think of this? Will I regret buying this because it's not a staple wardrobe color?

Attachments

• _5525203-1.jpg
    _5525203-1.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 859
Despite it being a traditional quilted style lookalike...this is a jacket where the fit and color are for a young person. I would avoid that jacket if ur 40+ If ur <40 I would go for it.

^I disagree. It's a very understated bronzy/gold color - very classic IMO.
I'm a 33 yr old and I can imagione myself wearing that for the next 10 yrs easily.
The style is slightly fitted, not young to me.
I have a very similar one in raspberry, LOVE it. I also have a black Constance and I like this shorter more fitted one better for most occasions.
JMO ;)

I was going to agree with jesoon at first because of it's color, but after noticing that the cut was sleek w/o pockets or flashy buttons, I think it can be worn by a chic woman of any age

^
I have a very similar one in raspberry, LOVE it. I also have a black Constance and I like this shorter more fitted one better for most occasions.
JMO ;)

Swanky,

How warm is this jacket? I live in a pretty warm climate w/mild winters so I think this would be perfect...We layer alot here so we don't rely on super warm coats since the temperatures usually go up during the day.

I love just about anything Burberry. That's a cute jacket. I gave a similar one (if not the exact one...I can't tell from the picture) to my niece for Christmas. The color I gave her was a very pale pink. She loved it.

Gold and bronze aren't good colors for me, personally, but if they suit your complexion, I think it's a great jacket to own!

i know i can pull the bronze/gold off pretty well (olive skinned brunette) so I'm not worried about that, just was worried it would not be "timeless" but I sure do love this color so much!

ALL opinions are welcome! I love reading differing opinions!:tup:

The jacket is light enough. . . I live in Dallas and it's perfect for me here.
I have 2 of them and would actually like one in this color and maybe a navy one too.
The weight is PERFECT for climates that don't get too cold and this cut is flattering, not frumpy which is nice! :biggrin: