Ruby and Diamond J12!

socaltrojan

Cupcake Lover <3
O.G.
Aug 12, 2006
I was flipping through the Dec. 2007 issue of Allure and on page 120 I almost died because this maybe the most opulent and gorgeous Chanel watch I have ever seen.

It is over 30 carats of Rubies and Diamonds. The entire bracelet is all diamonds and rubies. :graucho:

The J12 retails for $497,500! LOL now if I had that kinda money to spend on a watch, it would be a very happy holiday indeed for me.:roflmfao:

Has anyone else seen this watch? What do you think of it?

I will have to scan a pic of it tomorrow and post it.

is this the one you were talking about...? i still dont understand whats so good about the tourbillon movements

Attachments

• 22022.jpg
    22022.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 22023.jpg
    22023.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 22024.jpg
    22024.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 243
i think it's cool but the rubies are too much they become a little tacky IMO. i like them in the bezel only, so they look classy instead of 'over the top'. plus, i wouldn't have that amount of money LOL and if i did, i would buy a LE watchmaker's watch instead like a hublot, richard mille or something.

I'm sure people will throw things at me for this, but I actaully think it's rather tacky. I just think the rubies are too much. I think it's nice on the bezel and it's different but all over? Ick.

is this the one you were talking about...? i still dont understand whats so good about the tourbillon movements

I checked with DH re:tourbillion movements. There is something quite special about this movement. I think it has something to do with the escapement and the effects of gravity on an automatic movement. They are very expensive movements. I think, until recently, they were pretty much unobtainable for most watch collectors. We have been seeing more at lower price points, still very expensive.
Personally, I think the ruby watch is too much. I can't believe Chanel would put something so gauche in a collection, albeit limited. The J12 is a beautiful watch, but added the extra stuff just takes away from the beautiful workings of the watch itself.
--Judy