Balenciaga Report - Miss Louise, Melbourne, Australia

fashion-cult

Dec 4, 2006
Hey all

Went into Miss Louise today, I tried to remember what they had in stock as much as possible, but I was in the city all day and had my fair share of vodka+raspberries... :smile:

Of what I can remember, they had:

* 2 Weekenders (one anthra, cant remember the other one) with GGH

The price of the weekenders is about AUD$3200 which is astronomical and the SA offered me AUD$500 discount on it - but $2700 is still very pricey I think even for GGH?

* RTT with GSH x 2

* Blue hobo with GGH

* Matelasse - all sizes in black, white, brown

* First in blue and in violet with RH

* Heaps of part-times in black and white with SGH

Apparently they are getting the new colours in within the next 2 weeks (incl. EB & BG).

The SA who does the ordering said that she will be getting all of the new colours with GSH because thats what her "clients want"... she was'nt too happy when I said I prefered the RH... but anyway :P

And that's about all to report back (I wanted to sneak in some camera pics, but the store is TINY and I would have been caught out... lol)

:heart:

oh your so good looking into that!!! how big are the RTT's in relation to the weekenders? their dimensions seem pretty big but they are such a hot shape.

that price for a weekender!!!!!!!:wtf: can't believe it sooooooooo expensive!

Thanks FC, I am surprised Miss Louise have as much stock as they do! Last time I went in there, the SA didn't even know how to pronounce Balencaiga!

Here's a great new store called Jean Brown in Brisbane: http://www.jeanbrown.com.au/

They have most Bbag styles in store at the moment. Prices are the same as Miss Louise & Cult Status. Ho-hum.

oh your so good looking into that!!! how big are the RTT's in relation to the weekenders? their dimensions seem pretty big but they are such a hot shape.

that price for a weekender!!!!!!!:wtf: can't believe it sooooooooo expensive!

The RTT's are simaliar size to the WE (maybe a bit shorter in length) but they are a decent size. I think there was a thread comparing the two of them from incoral?

Thanks FC, I am surprised Miss Louise have as much stock as they do! Last time I went in there, the SA didn't even know how to pronounce Balencaiga!

Here's a great new store called Jean Brown in Brisbane: http://www.jeanbrown.com.au/

They have most Bbag styles in store at the moment. Prices are the same as Miss Louise & Cult Status. Ho-hum.

Yep - they had a fair few bags on display today... in the windows and in the store and they will be getting more within the next couple of weeks.

The SA's there are a little un-educated. I've been told that the Twiggy isnt a style from Miss Louise in the past... so I'm not surprised.

I heard a while ago about Jean Brown... I might be heading down to Sydney in Jan so I will have to check them out as well as Cosmo Shoes!

Miss Louise is more expensive than CS... and I though CS prices were over-the-top... $3200 for a GGH WE and $2395 @ CS... (that may be RH though)

I think we need to plan an overseas Bal buying trip :lol:

Holy cow those prices are way over astronomical. $3200 for a weekender? For the SA to offer you a $500 discount either shows you're a VVIIP (very very important person), or that their markups are really high. I would really hesitate at purchasing a Bbag for that price. Not that I don't think Bbags are worth the money, but when I know that they can be had for half the price... I would take that $3200 and put the money towards a Chanel (my other love) LOL. Having said that I did spend over retail for a Violet First at CS because I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Holy cow those prices are way over astronomical. $3200 for a weekender? For the SA to offer you a $500 discount either shows you're a VVIIP (very very important person), or that their markups are really high. I would really hesitate at purchasing a Bbag for that price. Not that I don't think Bbags are worth the money, but when I know that they can be had for half the price... I would take that $3200 and put the money towards a Chanel (my other love) LOL. Having said that I did spend over retail for a Violet First at CS because I couldn't find it anywhere else.

jo_ee... I'm not VIP... lol

IMO She offered me a discount new seasons colours are coming into their store in 2 weeks, and she wanted to make a quick sale.

I worked it out last night - with the discount - they are still charging about AUD$1000 over retail.

So basically if I buy from elsewhere, I could get two for the price of one! Haha

That's a real ridiculous price... i started buying Bbags from the US this season and i got a first and a city for the price of a RH weekender at CS!!!!

It really does make you think twice about buying locally although i love CS customer service..i feel bad abandoning them but then again as jo_ee (:winkiss:)said, they'll always be my backup for hard to find colours and combinations!

That's a real ridiculous price... i started buying Bbags from the US this season and i got a first and a city for the price of a RH weekender at CS!!!!

It really does make you think twice about buying locally although i love CS customer service..i feel bad abandoning them but then again as jo_ee (:winkiss:)said, they'll always be my backup for hard to find colours and combinations!

I am all for supporing local business, but I really dont know how they can justify that kind of mark-up perhaps I can understand $100-$300, but not 1-2k!

I would love nothing more to be able to walk into a local store, find a bal I liked and buy it on the spot, but the outrageous prices just make me cringe!

CS is definately a good backup, and they are LOVELY to deal with (I've purchased a Twiggy and a Coin Purse from them) but yeah, the markup is just too high to bare - unless you are desperate!

Hmm.. a bbag in hand might be worth two in the bush/overseas retailer, but 1k over retail?!!!!!!

I feel bad about ditching CS this season too, but they are not bringing in the bags I want!

Yeah, the closet Bal store is Singapore, and the prices are a little higher too, but close to CS prices. CS is just so nice, every single purchase I've made from them was a very good experience, and they are very obliging too, with regards to sending more pics. They also give a VIP discount ;)

Yeah, the closet Bal store is Singapore, and the prices are a little higher too, but close to CS prices. CS is just so nice, every single purchase I've made from them was a very good experience, and they are very obliging too, with regards to sending more pics. They also give a VIP discount ;)

Yeah CS are really really helpful and nice. Really quick to answer emails too.

Oh ello VIP ey?... 10% discount?

I recieved an email a while ago with a bunch of discounted Bals... none were full-leather moto though :sad:

I got an email the other day saying that VIP members would need to spend over 5k in the year to remain on the list...

So I dont think I will be on it for long hee hee - I'd prefer to shop online/overseas now anyway...