Only Black Birkins Were Seen!

Coldplaylover

Mar 8, 2006
I just got back from 2 weeks in NYC and was surprised to see only black Birkins.....what's up with that? My orange Birkin stayed home and she was sad to find out that I didn't see any other colors....:crybaby:

Paris can be shocking that way too. Black is the new black.

Maybe it's the cold weather a bit, too... springtime in NYC can be a little lighter :love:

Ahhh poor coldplays birkin, she would of liked to have gone to brighten things up

Its pretty much the same in London, its sort of a uniform for business people

BTW I love coldplay too

I'm sure they were! Chic, sophisticated, timeless....

Maybe *I* need a black Birkin, too!! Break my no black bag rule. Course, it's a rule for me since I love them so much I'd probably never wear anything else... :sweatdrop:

Coldplaylover, this is a partly why I replaced my 35cm Black Togo Birkin with a 35cm Black Box Calf Birkin. I'm in Manhattan on a regular basis, and adhere to the all-black uniform. I figure that at least now my Black Birkin is distinctive.

YEP! It's NYC, baby and black is the uniform.....although I have to say I use my black bags all the time here and I'm in the Wild West so......hmmmm.

My raisin one has been out to play!

I once misplaced my coat check at a restaurant and had to wade through literally a sea of black coats to find mine. Twenty minutes rummaging!

While I may incur the wrath of New Yorkers (and those in the NY Metro Area) for divulging our secret, the truth about wearing all black every day is that it's easy. You just reach for black stuff in your closet and it all goes together. Coat, hat, shoes, bag, umbrella, etc. all black, too. It's how we get to sleep an extra 15 minutes. Stylish, perhaps. Expedient, mais oui!