truly special order

HiHeels

united
Apr 8, 2006
aside from leather and hardware, do they make truly special order bags anymore? i love the kelly ado gm - a backpack modeled on the kelly. i love it as a handbag - i love the long shape of it. i don't want a backpack. would they make this bag minus the straps on the back, so it was just a rectangular kelly?

It wouldn't hurt to ask. The SA's tell me they will not fulfill a special order that will compromise the design of the bag, as I once asked for an Evelyne without the H cutout. However, I have seen bags with modifications on the design, but I believe these were people with super-VIP status.

hermesgroupie said:
It wouldn't hurt to ask. The SA's tell me they will not fulfill a special order that will compromise the design of the bag, as I once asked for an Evelyne without the H cutout. However, I have seen bags with modifications on the design, but I believe these were people with super-VIP status.

ooo, what type of modifications have you seen?

lilach said:
yes they do as long as your wish goes conform witht he hermès spirit and the standarts of the house.

hmmm, i don't know where my request would fall, since i would be basically recreating a kelly, or redesigning one...

ask them and wait if paris says yes or no. but i am afraid it will be a no as it is not a special design for you but a modification on their designs so they tend to be very strict with that.

hermesgroupie said:
Usually it's been modifications to the strap, like a plume with a shoulder strap instead of handles. But again, I believe the customer was a super-VIP.

well that sounds somewhat similar to what i want. i'm going to not worry about the whole VIP, inner-circle stuff. hermes is trying to catch up to the whole backorder problem and churn out more bags to greatly reduce the whole waitlist thing, and once that's done, in a few years, they might loosen up a bit and remember that the customer is queen.

HiHeels said:
aside from leather and hardware, do they make truly special order bags anymore? i love the kelly ado gm - a backpack modeled on the kelly. i love it as a handbag - i love the long shape of it. i don't want a backpack. would they make this bag minus the straps on the back, so it was just a rectangular kelly?

I think the NM in Troy, MI hhad this bag not too long ago in a beautiful green ostrich. It was stunning! Call them if you are still interested, who knows it could still be there (248) 643-3300.