Coach for my Ipod

sweetmelissa

But it was on sale!
Mar 9, 2007
Hey everyone, hopefully someone has some insight on this. I have a 3rd generation ipod that I've had since when this was the newest model, lol. It is a full-sized-not a mini, nano, shuffle, or any of those. It also is not video.

I'd really like to find a case for it but it seems like all I ever see are cases for the smaller ones. I know there are signautre stripe cases out right now but am not sure if they are for mini or full sized ipods and I'd like to go cheaper than full price for this anyway if I can. I keep looking on ebay but all I can find for regular ipod sizes are leather ones in either white or black. That is fine but honestly, kind of boring imho. I'd much prefer something in sig, or the pretty metallic stripes that I keep seeing which I think are for the minis.

I guess I can't be cheap and picky at the same time, lol. :nogood: Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone have a regular ipod and what Coach do you keep it in? Thanks in advance for the help.

sweetmelissa,
I have a gold metallic case for my full sized video ipod- I got the case at an outlet in the summer of 2006. It's my experience outlets have more accessories like ipod cases than you can find in the boutiques or online.
Good luck!

I use this:
d472_1.JPG

Sold out in stores, but you can find it on eBay once in a blue moon. It always goes for more than full price, but I think it's worth it.

yeah i have a nano, and when ever i go to an outlet i'm always on the look out for a case, because i'd really rather not play full price for an ipod case......
but all they ever have is cases for the shuffles!
hope you have luck finding one! i'd try ebay

The ones that fit everyone's video ipod will NOT be the same as your ipod, though it would work better than trying to put a video in a non video case. The ipod video has a MUCH bigger screen than the old ipods did...so a case for an ipod video would have a much larger screen opening than your ipod actually needs.

I started with a mini, and they did make cases for those, and I believe they also had full size cases for the older ipods at the same time, but only recall seeing black and white (and there was a pink suede for the mini too). Occasionally old ipod cases pop up in outlets, but its been a LONG time since I've seen one at an outlet for the older full size ipods.

Thanks to everyone for your help but it seems that I am stuck with the options of just plain black or white leather :sad: All the pretty ones are designed for other models. I guess I'll just wait until I upgrade my ipod.

Incidentally, kat-I have a 20gb, I don't know if that matters. Love that Python one that you listed! :love:

Thanks to everyone for your help but it seems that I am stuck with the options of just plain black or white leather :sad: All the pretty ones are designed for other models. I guess I'll just wait until I upgrade my ipod.

Incidentally, kat-I have a 20gb, I don't know if that matters. Love that Python one that you listed! :love:

Coach didn't start making the cases for the video ipods until last holiday. They only made the legacy stripe, and the signature stripe for the video, so all the others you see, including the python, will fit yours.

Personally, (and yes I know this is the Coach forum), I prefer iSkin especially the duo series 'cause it really protects the screen and everything else.

The duo is really a great recommendation for the gym since it doesn't allow water in.

hey the python one is nice! get it!!

I would but my ipod doesn't have the buttons so I'm afraid it would look silly.

Coach didn't start making the cases for the video ipods until last holiday. They only made the legacy stripe, and the signature stripe for the video, so all the others you see, including the python, will fit yours.

Yes, unfortunately all of the ones that I've seen besides plain black and white leather are made for ipod mini or ipod shuffle. :crybaby: