My purse keeps sliding off my shoulder :(

Sep 21, 2007
Hey everyone!! I just bought my first coach purse..signature bleeker hobo!! Althought I love it the darn thing keeps sliding off my shoulder when I walk! What the heck can I do to fix this?? It's driving me :hysteric: crazy!!

Thank you soo much :smile:

11431_BBKBK-2_d2.jpg

This works for me...totally keeps my Carly on my shoulder.

359469.jpg

I placed a strip on the underside of the strap -- it's not at all noticeable since they are clear and no more slipping! Found them at Walgreens. Hope this helps you!
- Angie

Unfortunately, wide strap bags wont work in everyones favor due to the shape of their shoulders. Everyone is different, so some people it will stay, others it wont. I have very square shoulders, so bags stay on mine, but those who have short, or sloped shoulders, they don't. You need a bag with skinny straps if the wide ones wont stay. When you go to buy a bag, ALWAYS try your stuff in it to see if you will have this problem.

This works for me...totally keeps my Carly on my shoulder.
359469.jpg

I placed a strip on the underside of the strap -- it's not at all noticeable since they are clear and no more slipping! Found them at Walgreens. Hope this helps you!
- Angie

OMGosh what a great idea! I am going to do this with my Carly too. Thanks! :tup:

You know my husband suggested that same thing but I didn't want to ruin the strap. Does it leave a sticky residue if you peel it off? It is a really good idea I just hate the thought of ruining something so expensive.

What a great idea!!:tup: I, too, can't wear a lot of styles because when I try them on at the store, they slip off my shoulder. I HATE that. My shoulders slope slightly. That's why I love the Leigh (on my wishlist). The combo leather and chain for some reason stays really well on my shoulder!

I question the stickiness of the heel liner, too. Does it come off easily, etc??

You know my husband suggested that same thing but I didn't want to ruin the strap. Does it leave a sticky residue if you peel it off? It is a really good idea I just hate the thought of ruining something so expensive.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I had a problem with my Carly slipping off my shoulder at first, but it seems the more I wear her, the better she stays. Maybe I'm just adjusting my posture as I get used to it. Hmmm, I might have to try these...