Two tone Annie -v- plain

MrsSpoon

Sep 6, 2007
I am currently looking for two smart bags, one around Roxanne/Bayswater type proportions and another either the same sort of size or slightly smaller.

I loved the Annie when I saw it in the Mulberry shop and thought it looked gorgeous in plain black *but* there is a choco and oak one on e-bay which I also like, however do you think the two tone leather gives the bag a more casual feel?

Yes, the black is more formal imo, and I like it much better than the choco-oak combo. I personally think that the two-toned looks a bit busy. I also agree that the oak Annie looks slightly more casual than the black, and I love both - they just have different looks.

Well, since you are looking for two bags, how about the plain black Annie and the tooled bayswater - then you'll get both formal and a bit more casual. And you can follow your heart :heart: If you really love the tooled bayswater, I'd say go for it! I would personally say that the tooled is more of a jeans-and-boots bag, but it can easily be dressed up. I also like to carry mine to business meetings with a very strict business suit - just to add a bit of spice to the outfit (and I have received compliments on it many times - even from collegues that are normally not interested in bags). I find the bayswater to be such a classic shape, that also the tooled can be worn as a business bag, together with the right outfit.

The black Annie (or black Roxanne) and tooled Bayswater sounds like a plan. :graucho: I don't do smart very successfully anyway and often my interpretation of smart is an a-line skirt (often denim, cord or patterned), worn with a t-shirt or v necked jumper, boots (brown or black) and a bright coloured jacket or coat. Annie/Roxanne would help me dress up a bit and tooled Bayswater would probably fit in quite well with my wardrobe.

It's just funds that are the issue now! :lol:

The black Annie (or black Roxanne) and tooled Bayswater sounds like a plan. :graucho: I don't do smart very successfully anyway and often my interpretation of smart is an a-line skirt (often denim, cord or patterned), worn with a t-shirt or v necked jumper, boots (brown or black) and a bright coloured jacket or coat. Annie/Roxanne would help me dress up a bit and tooled Bayswater would probably fit in quite well with my wardrobe.

It's just funds that are the issue now! :lol:

Sounds like we have very similar dress sense! (and i love my oak annie and ivy bayswater with my wardrobe!):yahoo: