lambskin or patent - which is more delicate?

I personally think lambskin is very delicate. It does scratch easily unlike patent. But I have to say lambskin is my all time fav. in the Chanel line. But for durability I would do patent if your not thinking of caviar.

Other than keeping patent shiny and free of fingerprints/marks, patent is easy to keep. Lambskin requires more upkeep.

Both of these are my favorites, caviar is a distant last on my list. Good luck!

I have both and patent is definitely more durable. My only concern is how to keep it looking shiny in the long term. Can anyone recommend a product that won't harm patent and prolong its longevity?

Coldplaylover - do you you find your black patent bowler attracts dust, especially on top? My tote is a dust magnet! I love the luxury ligne patent bags, but in broad daylight it drives me crazy to see specs of dust all over it! In the dimmer light of my home, it looks lush!

Syma - Chanel does a nice crackled patent which so far seems to be very durable and easy to care for. The Luxe tote is very large and boxy and mine still looks brand new, even after bumping into walls, car doors, etc. I have had patent shoes (cheap ones though) that scratched so easily and was worried about the bag doing the same, but there must be different grades of patent.

I have both and patent is definitely more durable. My only concern is how to keep it looking shiny in the long term. Can anyone recommend a product that won't harm patent and prolong its longevity?

Coldplaylover - do you you find your black patent bowler attracts dust, especially on top? My tote is a dust magnet! I love the luxury ligne patent bags, but in broad daylight it drives me crazy to see specs of dust all over it! In the dimmer light of my home, it looks lush!

Roey, I bought a Patent leather cleaner named Vernice online, it cleans and shines patent pretty well, I have used it on my chanel star-stitched flap as well as my marc jacob patent shoes. You can buy it at www.urad.com.